Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i posted before i was thinking of installing 2 12" subwoofers in my 98 avalon. however i saw what looked like a stock subwoofer behind the rear seats but still in the main cabin. located right under the rear windshield. does anyone know what size this is and how it sounds after being replaced with a better aftermarket subwoofer. also could i run it from my stock deck if i installed an amp to power it? how would the sound quality be? any input helps.

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
the stock sub in the rear deck is 8". I've heard from other owners on cardomain that installing an aftermarket sub is better. I do have a stock sub if you want it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was asking about how an aftermarket sub will sound in the stock sub's place. i noticed that the back is not sealed or anything so i wasnt sure if it would sound good. what kind of sub did you put in there?

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
actually, I covered that hole up and just put some 8" roadmaster sub in the trunk. Its a walmart brand (it was free, couldn't be helped), though it sounded pretty decent. I was think about putting this sub in:

but the free roadmaster came. I choose this one because it was able to match to my amp quite well. I have an alpine mrv-f352.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts