Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

my rolla is hitting the 180,000 mile mark and the suspension is starting to show it. I searched through all the current threads about suspensions and it seems that most of the topics are on 'performance' upgrades (lowering springs, etc). i was wondering if there is any spring/strut combination that will give a smoother ride than stock. Also, quieter road noise would be a plus as well.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Look into some KYB-GR2 or Bilstein Touring Class struts as those two are OEM-replacement struts.

Are your springs sagging by any chance? If so, then you might need new OEM springs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my springs are sagging so bad that my exhaust rubs when i go over speed bumps too fast.

are there any other springs that will give a nicer ride than stock springs though? nicer as in stiff yet smooth.. like an is300.. :D i drove my sister's is300 and can't get over how nice the suspension is. :(

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
The IS300 suspension setup is double wishbones front and back. Pretty exotic stuff. It would be difficult to replicate that on a Corolla that came with 4-wheel macpherson struts.

If you want something smooth, I would suggest Tein H-techs. They're lowering springs but they don't lower too much, TRD USA springs (which are rebadged) Eibach's are also good since they offer a progressive spring rate so it will still ride pretty like stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The IS300 suspension setup is double wishbones front and back. Pretty exotic stuff. It would be difficult to replicate that on a Corolla that came with 4-wheel macpherson struts.

If you want something smooth, I would suggest Tein H-techs. They're lowering springs but they don't lower too much, TRD USA springs (which are rebadged) Eibach's are also good since they offer a progressive spring rate so it will still ride pretty like stock.

are the eibach also lowering springs? Will stock struts accommodate either of those springs? i will probably change them both (strut and springs) out, but was just wondering.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
yes, but it would be recommended to replace the stock struts considering the amount of mileage you have on them.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
I dunno about pricing since they've been discontinued a long time ago.

I wouldn't get these or Tokico's if you're looking for a smooth ride.

·
uʍop-ǝpısdn
1,917 Posts
Most Hondas except the recent ones were all double wish bone.

Get KYB's or Bilsteins like mentioned before with new stock springs or Vogtlands. As for road noise, it's all dependent on the tire you pick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts