Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

my rolla is hitting the 180,000 mile mark and the suspension is starting to show it. I searched through all the current threads about suspensions and it seems that most of the topics are on 'performance' upgrades (lowering springs, etc). i was wondering if there is any spring/strut combination that will give a smoother ride than stock. Also, quieter road noise would be a plus as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my springs are sagging so bad that my exhaust rubs when i go over speed bumps too fast.

are there any other springs that will give a nicer ride than stock springs though? nicer as in stiff yet smooth.. like an is300.. :D i drove my sister's is300 and can't get over how nice the suspension is. :(

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,678 Posts
The IS300 suspension setup is double wishbones front and back. Pretty exotic stuff. It would be difficult to replicate that on a Corolla that came with 4-wheel macpherson struts.

If you want something smooth, I would suggest Tein H-techs. They're lowering springs but they don't lower too much, TRD USA springs (which are rebadged) Eibach's are also good since they offer a progressive spring rate so it will still ride pretty like stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The IS300 suspension setup is double wishbones front and back. Pretty exotic stuff. It would be difficult to replicate that on a Corolla that came with 4-wheel macpherson struts.

If you want something smooth, I would suggest Tein H-techs. They're lowering springs but they don't lower too much, TRD USA springs (which are rebadged) Eibach's are also good since they offer a progressive spring rate so it will still ride pretty like stock.

are the eibach also lowering springs? Will stock struts accommodate either of those springs? i will probably change them both (strut and springs) out, but was just wondering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.