Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all. i want to keep my stock 14s but would like some more width for grip for the road and also a stiffer sidewall to help in stability when hugging the corners.

i currently have the stock 185/70/14. what would be a good upgrade without messing up the speedo reading too much.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a calculator. just wanted to hear first hand from members. when i use the calculator the readings indicate that a lower profile would cause speedo readings to be too fast. i just wanted to know what type of effect this would have in reality and how low a profile can i go with a 14" rim.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
you're not going to be able to get anything other than a 195/65/14 if you want to keep the stock 14... not even sure if the 195 will look right on it.. the only way is just get a bigger rim that way you can run wider than thinner sidewalls

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. just never wanted to give up that stock look with the stock wheel covers :(.

my other option was to go for a camry alloy rim from maybe a xv30 model. i seen some with 16" rims. i was wondering if those can fit a gen 2, but i don't know anyone with one here to tell me the lug pattern so i can know if it's compatible.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,787 Posts
ok. just never wanted to give up that stock look with the stock wheel covers :(.

my other option was to go for a camry alloy rim from maybe a xv30 model. i seen some with 16" rims. i was wondering if those can fit a gen 2, but i don't know anyone with one here to tell me the lug pattern so i can know if it's compatible.
Later gen Camry wheels do not fit, as they are 5x114.3. You can use any 5-lug Celica wheels.

Generally, you are looking for 5x100 bolt pattern, 35-42mm offset and a 54.1mm center bore. With aftermarket wheels, make sure you get the correct centering ring.

-Charlie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts