Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
It's usually around 190 for Automatic Transmissions and 210 for Manuals.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
Yea somewhere between 10hp and 20hp difference usually, it comes mostly from the energy lost in pumping the fluid inside an automatic transmission around. Our trucks have locking torque converters so it's not from the slippage of the torque converter because the converter is locked in 4th and 5th gear giving the engine a direct connection to the transmission just like a manual.

·
catch me if you can
07 xrunner
284 Posts
go and see tony at HP performance off of blanding near club liquid/crazyhorse. Hes done mine, and also tuned it for me last time. 241hp at the moment. $75 bucks i believe to just do a baseline which is what you'd need.

·
Registered
Tacoma PreRunner V6
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
go and see tony at HP performance off of blanding near club liquid/crazyhorse. Hes done mine, and also tuned it for me last time. 241hp at the moment. $75 bucks i believe to just do a baseline which is what you'd need.
Thanks for the info. I was going to post over on XRU about where to have a dyno and tuning done here in Jax.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
i seriously don't believe that there is a 20hp difference between the auto and manual..... I don't see why there would be a difference at the rear wheels. should be around 209rwhp! The application of the power should be different between auto and manual and the gearing makes the truck "seem" like it has more horsepower/torque though....

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,370 Posts
^have you ever seen the inside of a manual trans and an automatic transmission?
that is the difference. keep in mind all the components the automatic trans has to be able to tranfer the power.

my auto trd sport got around 190rwhp.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
^have you ever seen the inside of a manual trans and an automatic transmission?
that is the difference. keep in mind all the components the automatic trans has to be able to tranfer the power.

my auto trd sport got around 190rwhp.

oh well.... my ole' girl is Fast IMO!!!!

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
nah.... i'd rather have the auto for convenience sake. if I wanted more power, i'd get the S/C and call it a day.... best of both worlds.

my next truck will have an S/C from the stealer.........you'll see! That way, my wifey won't know I spent $4k on a s/c and it will be worked-into the price of the truck :lol:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
i seriously don't believe that there is a 20hp difference between the auto and manual.....
I believe this has always been the case: a loss of 5% - 10% for an auto transmission.

if I wanted more power, i'd get the S/C and call it a day.... best of both worlds.
You'd get a lot of extra power, but you would still have a "boring" and more expensive transmission, and still less power than what you would have with a manual and a S/C. ;) That's not the "best of both worlds" in my book. :preach:

my next truck will have an S/C from the stealer.........you'll see! That way, my wifey won't know I spent $4k on a s/c and it will be worked-into the price of the truck :lol:
I don't think the dealer can do that. There was a discussion here about that a few days ago. If I remember correctly, you'd have to buy the truck first and then go back and have the S/C installed. Toyota does not let the dealer bundle the truck with the S/C, at least that's what was said in that discussion. But there are many more ways to get it around the wife! :clap:

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
I don't think the dealer can do that. There was a discussion here about that a few days ago. If I remember correctly, you'd have to buy the truck first and then go back and have the S/C installed. Toyota does not let the dealer bundle the truck with the S/C, at least that's what was said in that discussion. But there are many more ways to get it around the wife! :clap:
Dammit! :)

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
you just gave me an idea:D

ill say my truck broke down and it cost 4k to repair, that should work.:clap:

Or, I got in a wreck..... my fault.. they're "fixing" it this week and the insurance won't cover it since I did it on private property. Only $4k in damages though. ;)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Or, I got in a wreck..... my fault.. they're "fixing" it this week and the insurance won't cover it since I did it on private property. Only $4k in damages though. ;)
LOL. :D You are walking on the edge there .....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.