Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Tacoma
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting new sport rims with tires without the sensors. Is there any effect on the truck besides the light on the dash when running without sensors? I am using these for the summer. My current wheels with the sensors will be used during the winter with nice aggressive tread tires. The stuff they put on the roads eats the crap out of the rims. My second question is- Will the light go off when I put the rims with the sensors back on in the winter?

·
TRD-J
09 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
422 Posts
No, just an annoying light which some black tape can take care of

and

Yes, it will go off once other tires are put back on.

There are some alternatives, just do some searches.

·
Registered
2007 Taco Access cab
46 Posts
I have done what you are thinking about (20's & Yokohamas) The TPMS light does not come on until I am about 50 miles from home. Tried it again last weekend.Go figure ... the light came on after 80 KM (50 mi)and went out again on my way back home,at about 30 mi distance! My stock wheels are stacked up in my shop and the spare is on the truck.
The light on the dash isn't a big deal anyway so either way it's no big deal.

·
the other, other white me
06 Speedway Blue TRD
105 Posts
I have done what you are thinking about (20's & Yokohamas) The TPMS light does not come on until I am about 50 miles from home. Tried it again last weekend.Go figure ... the light came on after 80 KM (50 mi)and went out again on my way back home,at about 30 mi distance! My stock wheels are stacked up in my shop and the spare is on the truck.
The light on the dash isn't a big deal anyway so either way it's no big deal.
Ahhh, I just swapped the summer rims on (with TPMS) and the light was out today after flashing all day yesterday, here I was hoping the computer had recognized the new sensors, but maybe I hadn't gone far enough away!

·
Registered
163 Posts
For Sure. My light stopped flashing and stayed on all winter, when I put the summer rims back on everything was normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts