Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which manufacturer makes the stock wiper blades for Toyota (the Tacoma specifically, if it differs)?

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
If you're looking for replacements skip the stock ones and spend a little more on some Silblades. They are well worth the little extra coin, not to mention they last up to 5 years, not 6 months like rubber blades.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Bosch and PIAA make good wiperblades if you want to buy your blades at a retail store. Only a few stores carry PIAA blades. Believe it or not, there is a big thread here on the issue of windshield wipers. I don't feel like searching for it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, but I'm not looking for replacement wipers for myself.

I'm asking because my friend wants to know the manufacturer of the wiper blades for Toyota. He thinks they're the best.

I agree that they there are better wipers out there and I did see some threads discussing non- stock wipers. But thanks for pointing that out.

So does anyone know the manufacturer for the stock wipers?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm trying the 'Innovision' blades sold by NAPA. 3 months, so far so good, and they definitly have a different look to them.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
If he is set on stock wiper blades... then why not do the obvious and go to the dealer to get them?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I doubt anybody here knows who makes Toyotas blades, unless there's a brand stamped on them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
amp2oo1 said:
If he is set on stock wiper blades... then why not do the obvious and go to the dealer to get them?
Well, he's set on Toyota's blades, but he doesn't have a toyota. He just wanted to know who made the stock blades so he could get new blades from that manufacturer. Bah, I'll just tell him to go buy different ones.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Pb said:
Bosch and PIAA make good wiperblades if you want to buy your blades at a retail store. Only a few stores carry PIAA blades. Believe it or not, there is a big thread here on the issue of windshield wipers. I don't feel like searching for it.
+1 on the PIAA's. They are good stuff. You can get silicon or graphite.

·
Just duct tape it!
612 Posts
i think it might be Valeo but im not for sure. I see a lot of stuff saying Toyota, Valeo, OEM wipers. Google Valeo toyota oem wiper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts