Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Where's my boomstick?
Joined
·
2,528 Posts
damn....stop carrying gold bars in your back seat!

seriously though, what type of question is this? obviously, park in a different spot, get an alarm, and possibly a glock.
 

·
Pochacco Owns Me
Joined
·
3,123 Posts
solex locks and an alarm and possibly the club.
 

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
Joined
·
2,298 Posts
All of above + GPS tracker.
 

·
Toyota Collector
Joined
·
12,024 Posts
Deadly poisoness snakes FTW. Downside: snake may attack while car is being driven.

Seriously, get an good alarm system.
 

·
Where's my boomstick?
Joined
·
2,528 Posts
+1 deadly poisonous snakes.
 

·
Grenaded piston
Joined
·
6,602 Posts
A Glock 21 with 230 grain JHPs (I use federal hydra-shok or speer gold dot) and/or a boomstick (12 gauge shotgun). ;)

What part of sacto you live in? Oak Park, G Parkway, Center Parkway, Meadowview aka Ghettoview?
 

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Stolen that many times and you've always gotten it back?!? How are they getting it started? If you don't heed the obvious advice here and get an alarm (and/or snakes) then hide a kill switch somewhere under the dash so even if they get inside, it can't be started, unless they find the switch.

On a side note, I did get a question answered here myself. I now know what a "boomstick" is. I've wondered that ever since I've seen Tommy's avatar sig. :D
 

·
幻影
Joined
·
673 Posts
Wow, stupid thieves for sure. Around here, the thieves are all about stealing swapped Hondas and turbo Supras... I have nothing to worry about. :lol:
 

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
Phatfantom68 said:
Wow, stupid thieves for sure. Around here, the thieves are all about stealing swapped Hondas and turbo Supras... I have nothing to worry about. :lol:

I could see an old Camry getting jacked in Flint, although a LeSabre would be more likely. :lol:
 

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
Joined
·
1,501 Posts
I think we all have something to worry about...when I first bought my Camry (4 years ago) it was in the top five stolen cars in Canada. I haven't checked-into the latest stats, but there are so many of these cars around that parts are golden...
 

·
Registered
1990 Camry
Joined
·
132 Posts
TBayToyotaBoy said:
I think we all have something to worry about...when I first bought my Camry (4 years ago) it was in the top five stolen cars in Canada. I haven't checked-into the latest stats, but there are so many of these cars around that parts are golden...
Probably more of the older models since they have high resale value and are easier to steal (there's a limited number of key combinations for gen1-2, i think; i know my key opens and starts several camrys around here).
 

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
WVcamry3sfe said:
we've got snakes on a camry! SOAP :lol:

:whatthe:
 

·
Registered
Look in sig
Joined
·
9,176 Posts
Wow...3~4 times? I'm suprise it's still in one piece...

Do you happen to have a Stereo system in there without stocker covers? Your car seems to be a gold mine

ptsmith said:
i know my key opens and starts several camrys around here).
:eek:

How do you know...unless you tried it :eek:
 

·
Where's my boomstick?
Joined
·
2,528 Posts
HomeGrown said:
Stolen that many times and you've always gotten it back?!? How are they getting it started? If you don't heed the obvious advice here and get an alarm (and/or snakes) then hide a kill switch somewhere under the dash so even if they get inside, it can't be started, unless they find the switch.

On a side note, I did get a question answered here myself. I now know what a "boomstick" is. I've wondered that ever since I've seen Tommy's avatar sig. :D


:D

Figured someone here would know what a boom stick is - although mine is a direct reference to a movie....doubt anyone will get it.
 

·
Registered
2008 Corolla
Joined
·
114 Posts
Tommy said:
:D

Figured someone here would know what a boom stick is - although mine is a direct reference to a movie....doubt anyone will get it.
Listen up you primitive primates! You see this... This is my BOOMSTICK! You got that?

A little rusty on the quote, but it is from the best movie trilogy ever! Though, from what I hear, they are planning on remaking the first one.

Evil Dead trilogy, specifically Army of Darkness

To the original poster - My Camry looks REALLY REALLY bad. I cannot even give it away. I leave it unlocked with the key in, and no one bothers it. Just make sure it looks bad, then no one will want it!
 

·
Registered
Look in sig
Joined
·
9,176 Posts
curtisz said:
To the original poster - My Camry looks REALLY REALLY bad. I cannot even give it away. I leave it unlocked with the key in, and no one bothers it. Just make sure it looks bad, then no one will want it!
Well I guess thats one way of a cheap and...err....efficient anti-theft device. Rust is also a weight reduction mod too :eek:
 

·
Registered
2008 Corolla
Joined
·
114 Posts
I bought it that way

I bought the car in poor condition. It was looking a lot better than my recent car (96 Ford T-bird) that my fiance wrapped around a telephone pole at 50 mph. I was thinking the Camry would make a great interim car until I could get something better, but I started to like it, and the thing just will not die. I have only had to change the timing belt on it a little over 3000 miles ago in December. Currently I think one of the mounts (motor or transmission) is bad, so I will get to diagnosing that and fixing it soon enough. I also need to replace the blower motor for the air recirlulation system, but I am trying to do without for a bit.

These gen2 Camrys just do not know when enough is enough! I will post a picture of my Camry when I get to my home computer, so I can show the original poster how bad it has to look for people to not want to deal with it! lol!
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top