Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the fortune of getting pulled over today and receiving a ticket for non-functioning brake lamps. My third brake light works but the other two do not. The bulbs are fine and turn on when the light are on, but do nothing when I press the brake. The only one that lights up is the third brake like. There is a light on in the dash which looks like brake lamp warning light, it is a little orange car. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Official TN P.I.M.P.
98 Toyota Camry
179 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem, but when I took out the bulbs, I saw they had two filaments in them. 5 minutes and I was good to go.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,073 Posts
sounds like a pretty obvious suggestion, but double check that you have the right bulb number. I don't know what year you have, so look in the manual for the bulb number.

Does the little orange light on the dash only go on when you step on the brake, or is it always on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it happens when i hit the brake
its not on when I turn the car on and doesnt light up till I hit the brakepedal

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
sounds like both bulbs are blown. One other thing you could chek is the ground wire on the tail light housing itself. sometimes they work loose and will cause lights to not work. When you see Toy's that all the tail lights work and then when they hit the brakes they all go to hell that is normally the prob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts