Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the hell does my car die at 125mph??? Jap Spec Gen2.... blah blah... why is it shutting down at 125? Any clues? And don't say fuel cut due to too high of boost... cause thats not it.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Stupid question time. I don't know anything about mr2's.

Are you sure they swapped a 3s-gte ecu in the car, or disabled the speed limiter? Only reason I ask is that isn't the 5s-fe cutoff on a '91 MR2 like 125mph anyway???

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hatch said:
does the whole car shut off? or does the engine stop reving or does the engine stop?
It is just like fuel cut without the CEL. Kinda feels like it just goes into neutral.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
IF there is no speed related fuel cutoff, it is possible that your injectors are failing. This happened to a customers Integra, so we swaped them out for new ones and it worked fine....now his was cutting out @ 200-230kph....not exactly at a specific speed. Does yours stop at exactly 125?

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can rev the hell out of the engine... nothing happen... injectors are fine. Pretty sure it is just the speed limiter... but I want it GONE!

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
with the new 3.3 6's (cant remember the engine name) when you get to...i think its 218kph it just stops pulling, you can keep it at that speed 4 ever and nothing happens...it just feels like it dies, so im assuming its the same thing.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
russell...what are u doing to ur car??....interested in buying my vpc/afr/techtom ECU??....i'm going standalone and will be selling my current setup....my fuel system will be for sale also but first dibs is going to somebody local....modified stock fuel rail (dual feed mod) and brand new almost 550s (in my car less than 2000kms).....PM me if u are interested...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts