Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand there will be a recall on the stop/start feature? Does this feature need to be disabled each time the engine is started as it defaults to "on" ? This is accomplished by the switch on the centre floor console- right?

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
The recall thread...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a simple fix. Upsetting that such a new vehicle is already suffering a recall already. But, better safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
LOL... there are no parts. Sounds like they were not aware of the recall yet. It says customers will be notified by mid-May; I don't know if that means they plan to spend two months (starting yesterday) on the notification process, or the first two weeks of May.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly, there are no parts to be ordered. This is just a software fix. The Engine Control Unit will just have to be flashed with the new soft ware. I did not realize that this feature defaults to " on" whenever the engine is started. What a pain to have to turn it off every time you start the vehicle. It would be nice if they programmed it to "off" default. Keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You don’t need to turn it off if you don’t like it, just train your right foot to not mash down on the brake so hard at a stoplight.

·
6,422 Posts
It would be nice if they programmed it to "off" default. Keeping my fingers crossed!
They can't do this. They get a 1MPG credit because it defaults to on.
We created a device to default it to off for the 3rd gens, but have not seen enough people want the same type of device for the 4th gen, and no volunteers to help, so 4th gen has no way or device to default to off...

·
Registered
'18 HL Ltd, '19 GMC Acadia Denali, '02 Honda Civic EX
936 Posts
It would be nice if they programmed it to "off" default. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Just be glad you have an option of any kind to turn it off. Some vehicles the stop/start feature cannot be overridden in any manner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like a simple fix. Upsetting that such a new vehicle is already suffering a recall already. But, better safe than sorry.
Exactly, there are no parts to be ordered. This is just a software fix. The Engine Control Unit will just have to be flashed with the new soft ware. I did not realize that this feature defaults to " on" whenever the engine is started. What a pain to have to turn it off every time you start the vehicle. It would be nice if they programmed it to "off" default. Keeping my fingers crossed!
I scheduled this past Saturday March 21st and then took mine in this past Monday March 23rd. They said I was the first one they had in for this and wondered how I knew about the recall before them? I just said a Toyota Press Release I saw on a Toyota forum. The software update took less than an hour with a free car wash! They really are excellent to deal with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts