Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey ya'll! I finally found a good forum for paseos! I was wondering if ya'll could help me out. So i got this wierd intermittent noise that I can hear when driving....it sounds like a bubbling or.....frying bacon kinda noise, it's hard to describe but those are the best descriptions I can come up with.

It seems to happen "randomly", and when it does, it's stays with it until I forget about it lol. It gets more "prevalent" the higher the RPM, and once it's doing it, it'll continue when in and out of gear.

Back on paseopimp when it was around, one guy said it might be some kind of electrical problem? A few months after this first started happening (about 3 months ago) one of the "nubs" on the distributor cap just broke off -- one day, the car was just running REALLY rough, so i popped the hood and noticed that one of the "nubs" where the plug wires attatch to the cap broke off.....which I thought was really strange but when I went to the pepboys they said "oh. sounds like a manuf defect w/the cap" --- so i got a new cap, and the bubbling noise went away. now recently the noise has come back, and I'm half waiting to find the cap to "explode" again lol.....

any suggestions or anything else i can check on to tell ya'll for better diagnostic?

EDIT; when sitting in the drivers seat, it sounds like it's coming from behind the dash, in the direction between the steering wheel and middle air vents.....if that helps? lol

·
Not Crazy
54 Posts
You have to go over your sparkplug wires and cap and rotor and plug boots carefully. Find out where the fault is. I've not heard of that dist. cap problem before. Sounds more like a wire got snagged by something. You just have to get in there man, once you see everything clearly, you'll have your answer.

-Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
aight, so I went under my hood w/the car running and I noticed a different noise (don't think it was the same one I mentioned earlier....but maybe it is) -- I took a video of it -- any ideas?

http://www.jrin.net/car_noise.divx

oh yah, and there's a strong smell of exhaust whenever I am not moving and have outside air one for the vents, as well as being able to smell it pretty easily from under the hood....is this normal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts