Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I park my vehicle in my garage when I get home from work. 5 hours later, I went to the garage to get something and heard a noise, like something was running. It sounded like the noise was in the area of the fuel tank, like the fuel pump or something under the vehicle was running. After I figured out the general area where the noise was about 4 or so minutes later, it stopped. Any ideas what it may have been? Keys were hanging inside the house and the vehicle had been off for the full time that it was in the garage.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,704 Posts
:lol: deja vu with the 2nd gen forum. Its the evap system checking things. Totally normal
And to the OP and future thread readers, check the 2nd Gen Common Problems & Solutions sticky thread....it's in there. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,704 Posts
I tried, but I guess I only searched this forum. I'll expand my horizons next time and branch out my search.
Not a problem. :thumbsup: I just like to remind 3rd Gen owners that the 2nd Gen forum, particularly the sticky threads, are a wellspring of information that is almost always relevant to 3rd Gen models.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,047 Posts
Believe it or not, I heard this for the first time on the HL just this week. Not once have I heard it before even in the 9 1/2 years I've owned the Taco. People that did the fog light mod on the Tacoma and tied it into a specific power wire used to get their fogs coming on 5 hours after parking the truck. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Undercarrage noise 5 hours after turn off

This specific situation is mentioned in the 2014 Highlander Owners Manual and is the system performing a diagnostic check. It is normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts