Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Our 2006 Sienna Limited has a strange problem that comes and goes in our navigation. When you first start driving, the navigation will be close...but not accurate to where you really are. After a little while, it will snap back to being the proper location. We bought the van used a little while ago, and have no idea what version of software is in it. Any tips?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That might be normal. Both of my Hondas and my portable Garmin sometimes will need a few minutes to lock onto a satellite signal - especially downtown. Parking ramps in particular will throw them off. The vehicle speed sensor and other onboard systems will attempt dead reckoning but when the satellite signal is finally picked up, it will sometimes do an abrupt adjustment which is more notciable the farther off course your indicated position may have been.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This saturday, we were on a 4 hour drive...and the navigation was SO screwed up it showed us going directions we weren't going...it showed us on streets we were nowhere near. Then...all of a sudden, it was working fine. I have no idea what could be wrong!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts