Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
That is a pretty horrible way to die/a pretty horrible thing to have any involvment in, brings up a good quote i heard, from talking to a buddy of mine... i forget it exactly but it is like this

"...Learning from personal mistakes is knowledge, but learning from others mistakes is wisdom..."

yes it is good, actually great, to learn that you should not drive stupid or do stupid things from hearing about others through othres, "I know a friend who knows a friend that has...." BUT understanding those actions are foolish and then refraining from them so you do not have to end up cut, broken, paralyzed, dead etc. is another thing-> wisdom.

think about it

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
that's why i always say a big :nono: to street racing.

everyone thinks it will never happen to them, especially on a "deserted" road.

i feel bad for the guy & hope everyone will learn from this & think about consequences like this the next time someone wants to street race you.

Keri

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Hatch said:
Thats so messed up. That wasnt street racing, that was pure stupidity, usually when you race you are trying to get from point a to b befor the other guy....this was just stupidity.
do streets all of a sudden have 1/4 mile markings that i dont know about...theres no finish line....:rolleyes:

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
I thought a street race was like first one to 10 mph over the speed limit wins. After they hit that mph they back off.
At least that is my understanding.

This may be a stupid question, but if he had the best performance tires, would he still have spun out that hard?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^ask urself this...two ppls are driving...total strangers...how are they gonna stop...and discuss when to stop racing as they are driving...it doesn't happen that way.....tires would not have saved him....he got clipped doing 130mph....

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,674 Posts
For real.. wow.. Its the civic attitude though.. I swear every Civic person I see tries to race me for some reason. :disappoin

RIP

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
REN69 said:
For real.. wow.. Its the civic attitude though.. I swear every Civic person I see tries to race me for some reason. :disappoin

RIP
Yeah, totally.

WTF is someone doing in a CIVIC at 140 MPH? That is retarded!

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
whether it was a civic or not is not the point :mad:

the point is street racing can end in death just like that, think about the people's families now who are in pain due to this stupid street racing F & F mentality these days.

again think twice before you street race with someone no matter how harmless it may seem. you can call me whatever you want or whatever but i don't want to read a story like that here on TN.

take the racing to the track where it belongs.

Keri

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.