Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hhave a Toyota Tercel 86 Sr What I really need to make it a street racing car? What kind of engines, brakes, accesories I need or what I need to do to improve it's Horse power, acceleration, stability well everything?

·
The Smashing Pumpkins
335 Posts
That is the worst car that Toyota makes to make suitable for racing. There is virtually no power, and there isn't much of an aftermarket either. You might be able to give it a better suspension, and some wheels. Try searching the Tercel/Echo forum to see if you can find performance mods. You will have a hard time I'm sure. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Get an either starlet motor or a 4ag motor. Ditch that crappy motor.

Keep it off the streets also. You're makig yourself sound like a "fast and furious" kid. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza
184 Posts
I'm surprised the traditional TN bashing of street racing hasn't started yet.

So let me start:
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!
Street Racing = IMMATURE KIDS trying to show off the size of their....equipment

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I saw a bad accident today that I'm sure was caused by street racing:disappoin Keep it off the streets

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Street racing is a :nono:

Tune for personal pride. There's no reason you should have to prove it to someone else.

And if you really feel the need, take it to the track and get some real numbers. None of that "I crossed the line first" crap. And at the truck, you won't end up killing anyone (unless your a really bad driver :lol: )

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you're interested in Toyota performance, look into a:

- MR2 Turbo
- Supra Turbo
- MR-S
- Celica All-Trac
- MR2 SC AW11
- Corolla GT-S

(In order of personal preference...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts