Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im not new to the tuner world, but i just got rid of my prelude and now im buying my dads 91 or 93? toyota pickup, its rwd and has a 22re with high miles (still runs decently) ive never messed with a truck and im wondering thebest and cheapest way to lower it, and drop a larger-fresh-motor into it. what motor options and kits are out there? how do i lower a truck? i heard its easy and cheap but i need details, thanks for the input!

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
personaly i like the 22re but it is a bit under powered if your talking drag strip power. if you want cheap small block chevys are a dime a dozen and they make kits to adapt them for a direct fit in these trucks. downey off road has a few good parts you might want to look in to. ive actually seen the sbc motor mount kit at advance discount auto parts' website. best way to do it cheap is a turbo 350 tranny or a 700 r 4 and the have the driveshaft cut to fit using the yoke from the chevy tranny. the speedo and that stuff might be tricky but you could rig something up.
on the other hand lc enginering builds 22re's that push out 300 plus hp but they are a bit pricey. you could build one yourself but your better off with a crate motor.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
Downey and NWOR have swap kits. Ive daydreampt of swaping in a 5.0 into my truck but i much rather perfer a built up 22re, 3RZ or 5VZ. my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts