Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i told you guys that i'd be keep you informed about my car as some of you were interested in my situation in recently crashing my car so lemme start from where i last left off. so i crashed my car tuesday the 14th of september...bad day for me an i told you all my damages...bent and creased hood, bent radiator, bent metal bar in front of radiator, obviously some paint damage to my brand new paint job, impacted fender which got pushed back an caused front passenger door hard to open cuz the fender and the door rubbed on each other, headlights smashed and broken brackes etc, etc......anyway i finally got a hold of my insurance damage estimator and he called it a total loss he said my car was valued at 3300 and the damages were 3600 so i had a choice to make. in either choice i have to pay a 1000 dollar deductible...its an insurance thing...if you make a collision claim then you automatically pay 1000 dollars stupid ass insurance policy. anyway CHOICE 1. give ownership over to GEICO and they give me the value of my car (3300) and then i minus my deductible from that so i'm left with 2300 and the remaining money goes towards paying off the remainder of my car loan (2800) so i'm stuck with a 500 dollar deficit. CHOICE 2. keep the car, pay deductible ($1000) try to salvage the vehicle an fix myself while only receiving a minimal 1700 from insur. to help fix it and hope for the best....oh and did i mention when i do fix it that if i ever tried to sell the car it would be a salvage title which basically no one would want to buy. or there is CHOICE 3. collect all the receipts of all major purchases for the car and call the claims adjuster for GEICO and give him an earful about how i've spent up to 3000 dollars on the car and countless hours of my own manual labor working on the car and how i should deserve more for my car than he gave me (paint, tinted windows, body kits, rims, stereo, spoiler, sprint lowering springs and even all that alone adds up to or AROUND 2000 dollars) anyway he basically said all that was irrelevant because they don't really add VALUE to the car because he would lemme take all those extras off the car if i had the direct STOCK replacement for them an then i could be free to go sell them elsewhere so he has a point an yet i still felt he owed me money so i told him "look if your not gonna gimme like at least a big chunk extra money that at the VERY LEAST pull some strings an gimme at least enough money to cover the remaining balance of my loan. so he put me on hold and came back an said "ok josh here's what i did, i waived how many miles you say you put on it since you got it and i waived the minor body blemishes to the car an i have you coming out to a total of $4057.37" and i said ok then thank you. i hung up an that was that he got a hold of my bank an is currently gettin my loan paid off an i should be gettin a check in the mail for around 150 to 200 dollars sometime i dunno. that jackass. i'm bitter feel bad for me:mad: anyway so if you don't count me losin my car then i basically came out of this with a hundred or so bucks an yea....i will always remain faithful to the TN forum and the TN ideals an all that but unfortunately...given my financial situation i may be resorting to buying a crappy but very cheap civic hatch or a crx of some sort....i have to against my will because you can find a million for way cheap so and toyotas don't come cheap especially a gen 3 V6 which immediately want but can't have cuz they are out of my range moneywise. anyhow i ask TN'ers not to flame this or the admins to not ban me just cuz i'll be drivin a honda instead of a 'yota but someday when i get back on my feet i'll be drivin another 'yota so bear with me guys....oh an sorry bout the long post it's just that a lot has happened in the last little while here. alright there's my update. i'm out

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i keep the money they give me for ownership and then part out the car that they own?

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Could it be take off all your extra stuff?
I don't know if you can because I did have an adjuster tell me that when a deal is cut, the car is bought as is, meaning you cannot swap wheels, etc etc out.
You might be able to get somethings though.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
bpcamrydude said:
how do i keep the money they give me for ownership and then part out the car that they own?
most of the time you can buy it back with some of your ins. money
thay do sell them to recking yards cheep.it can be done i know of
2-3 people that have done it in the last 3 years.ask your ins. comp. not the rep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts