Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Door was locked but he thought it was frozen. Result : tore the handle off. Anyone got some instructions on the procedure to replace it? The handle, not the son...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing 9th Gen Front Exterior Door Handle

I just did this tonight for a coworker. Not a real fun job. The youtube video referenced above covers 98-02 and is from AA1 Auto. I viewed it before starting. A nice video but not at all like the 9th gen. Best I found was one relevant for removing the door panel for this model. The post about the lock cylinder is true. You really have to be an octopus to hold it all together during reassembly. Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to how it comes apart and should operate. Have your T30 socket ready and a magnetized bit holder will probably avoid lots of cussing. Removing the latch on the door edge will really help. Understanding how the plug comes out of the windows/locks panel is important. Haven't seen one like that before. A lock slides back and then it comes out real easy. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.