Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 tacoma prerunner and im trying to replace the entire front strut assembly but once i bolt the 3 bolts on top of the strut to the frame i cannot attach the lower bolt onto the lower a arm. Im about an inch away from being able to bolt it up to the lower arm....am i supposed to compress the spring? i always thought strut assemblys should just bolt right on....

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
i had that problem installing mine today on my camry. i just put some force on it (my foot) to push the brake assembly down. dont know how your setup is, thought i could help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thx for the help. B4 i read the posts for today i figured out a way to do it. I actually removed the castle nut from the upper arm and dropped the spindle out of the arm, this allowed the lower arm to sag enought to fit the coilover in. then i just put a jack under the lower arm and raised it so it was close to the upper arm, pushed the upper arm down with my hand and put the spindle balljoint back into the upper arm and bolted her up. Seems i took the long way but it worked. Ill try the bottle jack solution on the other side tomorrow.
:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts