Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
You need them but they will work without. Without, your setup will get dirty and not last long. I would bet you could shave 25% off the life. I got some kybs from amazon (i think) for fronts and some monroes from Napa for backs. Those moogs look like the kybs, in fact they may be the same. I believe my kybs were less expensive on amazon. They are nice and didn't cost a lot.

BTW, I hope you also got the front mounts cause your probably gonna need them. I will bet your bearings are bad like mine were assuming your struts were bad long enough to trash the mounts. The rears have no bearings so they are probably o.k.

·
Registered
567 Posts
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?itemIdentifier=122726_0_0_&skuDes cription=Gabriel+/+Strut+Mount+-+Front&brandName=Gabriel&displayName=Strut+Mount+-+Front&categoryNValue=14699999&sortType=&store=163 6&isSearchByPartNumber=false&fromWhere=&fromString =search&itemId=prod11380&navValue=14601047&filterB yKeyWord=strut&productId=122726&appQuestionText=&s earchText=strut&categoryDisplayName=Suspension+%26 +Steering&parentId=cat10006&questions=[]
Those are the mounts I got. They seem to be built well. I recall autozone had them at a different store than the one I visited but they can deliver from morning to afternoon in case you want to wait to check yours on a bench. Just call before you start. I think the bearings can be replaced, but I didn't need the hassle.

·
Registered
398 Posts
fred replace everything for the front struts. No sense in doing the job any sooner AGIAN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.