Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for struts for a '99 avalon with Vogtland 1.8" drop. Don't think the stock shocks will fly and theyre old anyhow.

The springs get here in 2 days and I want them installed but I don't want to wreck the stock struts or blow another piece of suspension because of bad struts. If anyone can help thatd be great. Also gonna take lotsa pics when the springs are on so if you help you get cool pics with it.

Thanks lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, the Tokico kits arent on the market yet as far as I know. Some distributors and Tokico themselves said the kit wont be around for awhile. Dont understand why theres so many websites that advertise it when theyre not out yet

Intrax discontinued suspension kits for the avalon :[

Vogtland was the first I found that actually shipped their stuff! And it was pretty cheap (<$200)

http://www.vogtlandsuspension.com/p489/Toyota-Avalon--|-97---04-Lowering-Springs/product_info.html

·
Registered
155 Posts
Camry guide works for Avalon

Camry suspension components work for Avalon.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15505

Post pics and info after you get done with kit. My Avalon bounces and bottoms. It definitely needs struts but I'm thinking of going with springs at the same time. My only concern is that lowered springs might bottom easier. Can't find any info on the spring rate of the Vogtland vs. stock...though the couple reviews I found were positive.

For struts I'll probably go with the Tokico Blues.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put the new springs and kyb gr2 struts on the front, just because they were cheaper and a guy I know said they worked for him. WOW, HUGE difference. Seriously, very, verrry little body roll, the friggin car can actually take corners now haha. Before I would take a corner and the whole car would bounce left/right coming out of the turn. Hasnt bottomed out once, and does a lot better over speedbumps. It used to bounce 3 or 4 times after a speedbump, now seriously just goes up over the bump then down and thats it.

Ill take pictures when im done putting the engine back together lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts