Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what are the best options for changing my ENTIRE suspension, struts, shocks, everything.

My Car is Corolla AE110 XE Saloon 2000,(RHD Japan assembled)

I DO NOT WANT TO LOWER MY CAR!!!!!!!!!,(do not suggest any parts which will lower my car even 1cm) to the contrary the back half of my car saggs a bit so I am looking to correct that also.

Below are my main goals

1. Have the most comfortable drive possible with best handling possible.

2. Raise back of car somewhat to compensate for very large subs/load.

3. Should I choose "KYB Gas-a-just" or "GR2"

Be very specific on pros and cons. Do not suggest a half/ part solution to my problem.
Do not assume I am cheap or poor.

·
VVT-1MZ + ES5spd
Toyota Corolla
2,017 Posts
go factory. for a harder shock kyb gr2 or tokico "blues". i've been to b'dos and ive got family down there i know why you dont wanna lower the car . :cool: the tokico's are firmer then the KYB's for around the same price. up to u to decide

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, thanks to everyone who responded Bitter,Phat, Bdub15 - yep roads are awful down here in Bim.

I probably will go with the GR2, if I were to purchase the full KYB GR2 assembly plus as a complete unit,(spring, struts all pre-assembled), what else would you guys change as a compliment? I do not have a clue about all these things so If it's not too much to ask please list the other parts to swap out and reccomend with model#.

·
Premium Member
14,693 Posts
GR2's and OEM equivalent springs are as good as its going to get and will make it ride like brand new...as will changing all of the bushings (control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, and any others, strut mounts, and sway bar links and also all 4 motor mounts.
Ok, thanks to everyone who responded Bitter,Phat, Bdub15 - yep roads are awful down here in Bim.

I probably will go with the GR2, if I were to purchase the full KYB GR2 assembly plus as a complete unit,(spring, struts all pre-assembled), what else would you guys change as a compliment? I do not have a clue about all these things so If it's not too much to ask please list the other parts to swap out and reccomend with model#.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts