Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Word has it that Richard Stubbs has (1) set of his 'STANDARD' rock sliders with a 7.5 degree cant for a 05+ Taco DC SB at a smoking price!

Story has it that a customer ordered them without researching the cant and got them and decided to have Richard fabricate something a little more 'extreme'... Richard being the awesome customer service guy that he is made the guy the new set free of charge, and told him to hold on to the first set and he would find somebody that might want them.

Ladies and gents, Stubbs Welding makes an awesome product for a fraction of the price of the competition, and I dare you to find someone that has anything bad to say about his sliders...

Anyway, to make a long story short, if your interested, check out www.stubbswelding.com and then shoot richard an email about them. They are in LA, at the customers house, so shipping would be from there...

This isn't an ad for Stubbs, this is an FYI for somebody here to pick up some really nice sliders (never mounted) for SUPER cheap.....

If I didn't already have my order in, I would jump all over them.

Tell him I sent you.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want them, I'm not gonna quote a price because that's his perogative.

I can tell you it's a friggin STEAL though for that one set in LA..

·
Registered
780 Posts
has anyone else gotten any of these sliders? they seem cheap compared to others......and could you use any of these as steps?

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
Holy resurrection batman.

The answer is yes - these sliders get lots of :thumbup:. Only negative is that he only offers weld-on varieties. Otherwise, you are right, they are a great deal for the price.

·
Registered
780 Posts
screeber said:
Holy resurrection batman.

The answer is yes - these sliders get lots of :thumbup:. Only negative is that he only offers weld-on varieties. Otherwise, you are right, they are a great deal for the price.
yeah, sorry for resurrecting this thread, but since it was already here, i decided not to start a new one.

anyway, thanks, and what about using one of these as steps?

·
LaVaCrAwLeR
06 Tacoma DC TRD
397 Posts
If Richard offered the bolt-on's I would have bought them from him in a heartbeat.. I have only heard good things about his sliders (ttorra) I didn't want the weld on's becouse knowing how much I like to switch things around, I'd want to take them off from time to time.. His prices are great and seams like a really cool guy to do business with..

aloha

·
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
tim.powerbook said:
yeah, sorry for resurrecting this thread, but since it was already here, i decided not to start a new one.

anyway, thanks, and what about using one of these as steps?
He makes them at different angles (7 and 15* IIRC), so you can get them "flatter" so they perform more as a step. If your thinking of going the weld route, I'd definitely go with Stubbs.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I see an hear more often that most go for the bolt on sliders; I would figure that the weld on sliders would be the way to go.
What are the cons about weld on sliders as oppose to bolt on??

Stubbs has great prices and they seem like they fab quality stuff.

·
Registered
780 Posts
screeber said:
He makes them at different angles (7 and 15* IIRC), so you can get them "flatter" so they perform more as a step. If your thinking of going the weld route, I'd definitely go with Stubbs.
thanks. so out of the 5 that he sells, which would be the best "step"?

·
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
That's really your call. I think it's safe to stick with the standard, and then decide whether or not you want the kick out. He told me he'd make them at any angle you want for no extra charge, so in theory you could go straight out at a 0* angle (but I don't think I'd go that flat).

THis is a 7.5* standard slider from his gallery - I think it looks pretty flat and like a decent step. Another thing to consider is if you will take the sliders to a welder to mount them to your frame, you could talk to him about fabbing up some kind of metal plate to lay across the top of the slider to make it more functional as a step (front and back, or just the back). Just a thought

·
Registered
780 Posts
screeber said:
That's really your call. I think it's safe to stick with the standard, and then decide whether or not you want the kick out. He told me he'd make them at any angle you want for no extra charge, so in theory you could go straight out at a 0* angle (but I don't think I'd go that flat).

THis is a 7.5* standard slider from his gallery - I think it looks pretty flat and like a decent step. Another thing to consider is if you will take the sliders to a welder to mount them to your frame, you could talk to him about fabbing up some kind of metal plate to lay across the top of the slider to make it more functional as a step (front and back, or just the back). Just a thought

thanks. i'm not sure what i'm gonna do. can't decide between sliders and tube steps

·
I Like 'Ze Best
2007 TRD Sport
1,722 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I didn't feel like making a new one.

What is the angle that shrockworks sliders use? The Stubbs deluxe sliders look to me just like the shrockworks sliders, only weld on, and cheaper, unless I am missing something?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew the angle, because unless someone points out a big difference, I like the way the deluxe model looks, and would like to get them to the same specs as the shrockworks sliders, as far as angle, and where they are in relation to the cab, etc. I'm mainly interested in getting the tucked up and out of the way look the shrockworks have.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Has anyone taken sliders and welded diamond plate aluminum on top and sprayed the whole thing black? Kinda like a poor mans slee's, I want sliders but I also want a step and some protection from rock chips on the highway

·
I loves me some Taco
2008 Tacoma TRD OR
200 Posts
Ok, hopefully this isn't too stupid a question. I see these sliders are weld-on and that makes some people a little wary.

The option are bolt-on sliders. HOWEVER, where do they bolt on to? I just walked outside and got under my Taco and looked at the frame. It's not like there are ready-made holes for bolts to go in to.

So do bolt-on sliders require drilling the frame? That makes me a hell of a lot more nervous than welding slider mounts to the frame.

Any expertise would be appreciated. I'm dying to get a set of these and replace factory running boards.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts