Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, heres the problem: I'm running a 20v 4A-GE (not really the point) that is missing erratically and idling even worse... I have cleaned the dizzy cap, rotor, plugs, checked leads, compression OK, vacum seems ok, no water in the oil (not milky), not losing oil and no engine codes...

the engine itself has only done 55,000km and is in good cond. I am completly stumped as to what could be causing it. I have narrowed it down to the 1st cylender tho.. as when i pull the leads off the injector it doesnt make anywhere near as much of a diference as the others...

ANY suggestions would be handy. Could it be the PCV or ISC valves, or something more terminal?

·
Grenaded piston
6,601 Posts
You said the problem is with cylinder #1, so you need to isolate that cylinder and find out whats wrong.

Could be a bad plug, bad wire, clogged injector, etc...

Have you tried the screwdriver trick on the injectors? With the enigne running use a big flat head screwdriver, place the tip of it on the metal part of the injector, and the handle to your ear. You'll hear a clicking sound, thats the injector turning on and off.

They should all sound the same. If you get one that sounds different then the others, you have a problem with that injector.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, forgot to check the injectors... turns out the first injector is missing a beat every now and then...

now for my next question tho... will the injectors from my 4a-fe be the same as the ones in the 20v... I cant see why they wont be... but i just thought i'd check first.

·
Grenaded piston
6,601 Posts
^ You'll have to check on that.

Whats important is the flow rate (cc's or lbs/hr), how their feed (top feed or side feed), and the impedence (high or low).

The plugs for the injectors might also be different, but it can be changed with some rewiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts