Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Noob
'06 X Runner
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i brought my x runner to the dealer for a 5000 service, and the worst thing happened. I was sitting watching them due to routine stuff, when all of a sudden the mechanic started my car, and it jumped forward, ramming his tool station and the wall, not once, but twice. COULD YOU BELIEVE THAT? I ran out to the car to see what damage had been done and the front end was all messed up.

the dealership tried to make it better buy comp'ing the service, but I am so pissed off right now. what kind of mechanic would make that mistake?

so everyone, LONGO TOYOTA in el monte, california is the place that messed up my truck. i will post updates later.

·
Registered
482 Posts
jamesek9 said:
i brought my x runner to the dealer for a 5000 service, and the worst thing happened. I was sitting watching them due to routine stuff, when all of a sudden the mechanic started my car, and it jumped forward, ramming his tool station and the wall, not once, but twice. COULD YOU BELIEVE THAT? I ran out to the car to see what damage had been done and the front end was all messed up.

the dealership tried to make it better buy comp'ing the service, but I am so pissed off right now. what kind of mechanic would make that mistake?

so everyone, LONGO TOYOTA in el monte, california is the place that messed up my truck. i will post updates later.
he probably started it in gear

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
They are a good dealership, i think if your assertive, they will make it like before!

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
sounds like the guy that just started working as a mech. if not....needs more coffee or something. or maybe get a desk job.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If it was as sent from the factory you SHOULD NOT be able to start it in gear....unless someone disconnected the clutch safety switch and then the dealer WILL NOT be liable to repair anything.
Just my $.02

·
Noob
'06 X Runner
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so it's been a week since the incident and the following has occurred:

1. i'm driving around a rental highlander at no cost to me, including gas.
2. i have sent complaints to longo guest relations, all the managers at the service department, the executives at Longo, and toyota's main office
3. my request for navigation has been processed.

all i have to do now is wait for them to finish my truck.

·
Registered
Scion TC
202 Posts
They are the worst dealership ever! i had a 96 camry about 6 years ago took it to check for rattling noise that came from the timing belt and they told me they have to replace the engine! it was under warranty so no problem for me.. but i had to leave the car there for a few weeks.. and the worst thing was it didnt fix the problem (duh!) dont waste your money on this dealership.. if u are in the area, go to some other toyota dealers (i went to west covina toyota and they do a great job)

·
Registered
1 Posts
All Dealer Service are thr same

You see a Dealer pays flat rate to the mechanics. What that means is if a job pays 3hrs labor he will get paid for 3hrs even if he does it in an hour or if it takes 10 hrs. If there is no work to do he don't get paid. Toyota has 5K,15K,30, and 60K services they pay really good book time and anyone with half a brain can perform them. If you do two or three of them a day you are making a good living. What i'm am saying is most dealers employe very good parts changers cause the money is made doing service. When it comes to anything else they are lost. When it comes to you bringing your car in for warranty work all the mechanics run like your car has the plauge cause Toyota don't pay that good about half the book time and if the Check Engine light is on the don't pay at all to look at it. So if you spend 2hrs looking at it and change a part that pays .6 of an hour that is all you get. What i'm saying here is everyone takes a good guess at it. All in all Paying anyone Flat rate makes people theives from the service writer down to the mechanic. so next time you bring your car to the dealer you have a 50 50 chance of getting the truth about what is wrong about your car Good Luck!

·
Toyota Apprentice
Chevy Blazer 97'
35 Posts
Hey if mechanics are such thieves I don't want to mention how ripped you got when you bought your Toyota to begin with :p

·
95 Toyota Pickup
95 Toyota Pickup
78 Posts
yeah im a toyota mechanic.... sorry that we have to make a living.... if you dont want you car fixed at toyota then dont take it there... i think the dealerships are the right places to take them .... they know the product the best.... and trust me we are under payed for what we do.... im sure your jobs rip ppl off to... look at ur goverment

·
Registered
7 Posts
crypto21 said:
You see a Dealer pays flat rate to the mechanics. What that means is if a job pays 3hrs labor he will get paid for 3hrs even if he does it in an hour or if it takes 10 hrs. If there is no work to do he don't get paid. Toyota has 5K,15K,30, and 60K services they pay really good book time and anyone with half a brain can perform them. If you do two or three of them a day you are making a good living. What i'm am saying is most dealers employe very good parts changers cause the money is made doing service. When it comes to anything else they are lost. When it comes to you bringing your car in for warranty work all the mechanics run like your car has the plauge cause Toyota don't pay that good about half the book time and if the Check Engine light is on the don't pay at all to look at it. So if you spend 2hrs looking at it and change a part that pays .6 of an hour that is all you get. What i'm saying here is everyone takes a good guess at it. All in all Paying anyone Flat rate makes people theives from the service writer down to the mechanic. so next time you bring your car to the dealer you have a 50 50 chance of getting the truth about what is wrong about your car Good Luck!
I am a toyota tech also and it is people like you that give techs a bad name. Most techs recieve training. Most of us work very hard for the customer weather it is warrenty or not. If you havent realized toyotas dont break that often, so we make most of are living off maintnance. It seems like common sense that if I dont treat you the best I can when you come in for something free why would you come back when you have to pay for something? I will admit I may not be perfect and neither are you when you are working on something that is probally more compicated then anything the average person will ever see mistakes will be made. Some people need to realize most of us try very hard to make you happy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts