Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a Greddy type S BOV. I look on ebay and see all these replica type S blow off valves. Are they any good? I figure if they just reverse engineered Greddy's design then they gotta be decent enough for some low boost. (5psi) what do you guys think?

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
UfoZ said:
Now, after reading that feel free to go order one... But its your car's funeral. If youre gonna do something, spend the money to do it right the first time so you dont have to spend more money in the future to correct stupid mistakes.

ah, spoken like a man who has some experience with this....

lol, sorry dude, couldnt resist.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UfoZ said:
No. They are not good enough.

Reverse engineering is not the way to develop something that has to function perfectly for a very long period of time. They have actually been known to fail. Modified Magazine actually did an article on this last month which I am too lazy to go and find and then type up for you, but they actually bought a replica Greddy type S BOV and installed it on their project SR20 240SX... It failed within 500 miles of installation running it at 7psi.

Now, after reading that feel free to go order one... But its your car's funeral. If youre gonna do something, spend the money to do it right the first time so you dont have to spend more money in the future to correct stupid mistakes.
Thanks man thats all I wanted to hear. No hard feelings or anything I was just curious. Everything I getting done right the first time believe me. It is taking awhile but thats how all goo dthings come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts