Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 toyota pickup 4wd ext cab sr5. I have two kicker solo 12s l7s running on a memphis 1100d mono amp 2010. I have the subs in sealed custom made box right now and i am looking to put the subs in a ported box to make them louder. Dont get me wrong my subs sound great they are very loud for the size of my truck. I am thinking about getting a probox 212SQSPB but i dont know what else is out there and if i should go with a diffent box i have just heard these boxes are great and sound amazing. i will be getting a 97 toyota 4runner as soon as i finish building the motor for it and the subs will be going in it. I just ant to know your opion on the box and what i should do bc i am lost on what to do rightnow

·
Registered
552 Posts
I wound't buy any box that doesn't list port length and port area along with the airspace, those measurements are critical to matching a box to a set of drivers.

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
943 Posts
I like how that box claimed so much fame for "boosting your subwoofers output" While it says you need to crank bassboost and the like, I lol'd.

anyway, If you said you already have a custom built box ( I dont know if you built it or not) Then depending on your carpentry/monetary prowess, construct a ported box to match your subwoofers you plan to use. This easily yeilds the most gain out of your speakers. Most speakers come with performance caracteristcis/recomendations required to build a box. Your most important aspects being cubic feet, port area and depth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts