Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever put a sub in the the truck bed?

how does it sound?

I have a snug top sl (hardtop) i am wondering if it will be dumb to do this.

my friend just have me a 500w rms mtx subwoofer in a probox and i have a double cab and do not want to put it in the cab.

·
lover of teh boobies
'05 Tacoma AccessCab
2,547 Posts
anyone ever put a sub in the the truck bed?

how does it sound?

I have a snug top sl (hardtop) i am wondering if it will be dumb to do this.

my friend just have me a 500w rms mtx subwoofer in a probox and i have a double cab and do not want to put it in the cab.
Unless you plan on doing a blow through.. the people outside are going to hear it more than you ever will.

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
Stop it.

·
the noblest
324 Posts
You can do it, but to make it right you would have to do a cut through and have a whole custom set up, but theres no point in going through that trouble if your going to be using an 500watt MTX.

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
why would you ever put a subwoofer in the bed of your truck...what good is it gonna do in there? You aren't gonna be able to hear it in the cab, and you are gonna annoy everyone else.

*sigh*
PEBKAC

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can do it, but to make it right you would have to do a cut through and have a whole custom set up, but theres no point in going through that trouble if your going to be using an 500watt MTX.
so are you saying that i dont need to do a blow through? if im using a powerful sub like that?

·
the noblest
324 Posts
so are you saying that i dont need to do a blow through? if im using a powerful sub like that?
haha sorry no i was saying dont go through the trouble and put in a crappy MTX sub...

ive seen good setups with blow through bed boxes, but they are with JL w7s and Kicker 15" L7s

in your case i would sell the mtx and get something that fits behind the seats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts