Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new tacoma owner and I was just wondering if there was anyone out there with an access cab with subwoofers installed and had some pics they could post?

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I was looking at subs & stuff, nobody had any slick way of mounting the box anywhere in the access cab. The toyota engineers are like indians... they use all parts of the buffalo, leaving no room for a sub. For now I've just got the damn thing sitting behind me on the floor... it sounds damn good being so close but I had to give up an occupant seat. Now I just consider the seat behind me as additional storage :)

If you happen to run across any stealth type enclosures for the access cab, i'd sure be interested too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey now that's slick... good stuff! unfortunately i am to woodworking as a fish is to sulfuric acid. I like the idea of raising the seats up though... they seem too low now as it is.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thats what friends and family are for. Find someone that has some tools and give them some beer and $$ to help you make one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
after reading this I went out and did some measurements and inspection on what would need modifying on the truck... then just for fun I put a couple phonebooks on the seat and sat down. I'm not a tall guy, mind you (5'8"), but sitting on top of these made me get some serious hunchback-head bowed action back there. I'm not so sure I could even ride like that. Maybe I just need to find shorter friends... or a very very thin sub.

·
Tacoholic
343 Posts
Hey Crazycannuck I got a really nice one that I made. I have made 100's of subwoofer and still do.

Heres a view of the internals of the box. The demensions of the box are:
21" long x 9" tall x 13.75 bottom depth and 12" top depth.
These are external demensions.
The box is made from .625" MDF, except for the front baffle is .75" MDF.
The port is tuned to 35 hz. Its demensions are 1.25" wide by 7.75 " tall by 22" long.
Internal box volume not including the woofer, bracing or port is .8 cubic feet.
I used some solid maple for bracing.

Here is the woofer, it's a 5500 series MTX. I got it on ebay for $40 delivered total.
It's a dual VC 4 ohm woofer, so I have it hooked up as a 2 ohm mono load.
Since it's a single 8" I'm not too worried about my amp melting.

I can give you all the demensions if you want, but as you can see it is very stealth and doesn't really take away any space in the truck at all. It sounds very good too.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
currentsupply said:
Hey Crazycannuck I got a really nice one that I made. I have made 100's of subwoofer and still do.

I can give you all the demensions if you want, but as you can see it is very stealth and doesn't really take away any space in the truck at all. It sounds very good too.

Very nice.

What I like about that box is that someone can still sit there...indian style..

Dimensions would be aweosme if you have them. :thumbup:

·
Tacoholic
343 Posts
dallasag said:
How far back can you slide the seat with those dimensions?
Not all the way back, but that's too far for me. I would say it is as far back as the seat would be where the rear sear will no longer fold past the front seat plus one notch back.

If you want you can get a piece of cardboard and cut it out the demensions I listed and add about an inch or less for the woofer. Then place that behind your seat and see where it would fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts