Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that my Alltrac has 5x100 bolt pattern for the wheels... so do Subaru WRXs. Anyone ever put WRX wheels on their Camry? I've got a line on a set for pretty cheap, and I'd *love* to get rid of my steelies and put some 16" alloys on.

·
Registered
2000 Camry Solara SE
274 Posts
Yes, they wont fit unless you get spacers. subarus have a uniqe offset on ther stock wheels I forgot what it is but the wheel will hit your caliper. most after market wheels that fit a subaru will fit however. I know this because I have tried it.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
won't hit your caliper but it'll hit your struts... most subbies use +55 offset while the cam is only +35 range.. you can run spacers like me and get some subby rims on.

·
Registered
2000 Camry Solara SE
274 Posts
won't hit your caliper but it'll hit your struts... most subbies use +55 offset while the cam is only +35 range.. you can run spacers like me and get some subby rims on.
I tried running them on my old 88 fwd I had years ago and they rubbed the strut in the back and scraped the calipers in the front.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
what size did you use ? i have 16' on and it didn't have a problem over the caliper but it did it all 4 struts

·
Registered
2000 Camry Solara SE
274 Posts
what size did you use ? i have 16' on and it didn't have a problem over the caliper but it did it all 4 struts
Mine were also 16" but this was back in 2001 so the wheel spokes are probably different now. They may have rubbed on the front struts also, I only had them on the car for a minute or two.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,666 Posts
Generally, you will need 10-20mm spacers (depending on wheels). Also, the hub bore is different, so really you should probably get custom spacers to take this into account. The hub bore is larger on the Subaru, so you may get some vibration at high speeds without the correct spacers. Also, later STi's ('05+) have 5x114 hubs, so don't go that direct (not that you would, those wheels are generally $1k+ for a used set!)

-Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts