Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I just took delivery of an 06 Indigo Ink 4x4 double cab with the 6spd manual and I'm absolutely loving it. But, I'm noticing a subtle whine at highway speeds if I feather the throttle just right. It's right between load and backlash that I can hear it. I *think* it's the rear-end and not the tranny b/c as soon as I hear it, I can depress the clutch and it remains...i.e. it follows the speed of the truck, not the speed of the tranny. It's really not that big of a deal but I was just wondering if anyone else has the same whine.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Check the rear diff oil level? Does it do it if you kick it into neutual while moving? My auto is silent. No gear noise at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...still hear the whine if I drop it in neutral...that's why I'm thinking rear end. I think I'll put a high end gear lube in the rear and see what happens.

·
Registered
308 Posts
mine does exactly that too. I can hear it whirring right as I let off the gas (or clutch in), under load i don't hear anything. And it definitely sounds like it's coming from the rear. I have royal purple in the rear and have checked the level and it's fine. I was thinking it was the RP (changed out the gear oil at 3k and don't remember if it made noise stock) or just tire noise. what tires do you have?

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
Major Woods said:
I had the same issue but coming from the passenger side, only happens when the wife is in the truck:lol: .
Haha :lol:

What kind of wife do you have? How much did you pay? Is she on eBay? What's the part number? How do you like her? Did you get the extended warranty?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking it was probably normal...but I didn't want to be the only one.
I have the optional 20' enkeis with the Toyo Proxies.

·
short beds are ghey
495 Posts
Gargamel said:
I was thinking it was probably normal...but I didn't want to be the only one.
I have the optional 20' enkeis with the Toyo Proxies.

I'll bet that's sharp - come up with some pics for us :smokin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts