Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a subwoofer in my built in under seat storage.

It's a 10 inch shallow mount Pioneer subwoofer, 300W RMS. The recommended volume for the subwoofer is on par with the volume of the enclosure. I didn't build a box for it and just lined the inside of the storage bin with dynamat. No rattle unless I go way above practical listening levels, where the heat shields for the exhaust, rear sheet metal on the cab, mirrors, and some plastic panels start making noise too.

The amp is also pioneer and barely fit under the driver seat. All wiring goes through the floor pan and stays on the top of the frame.

The flip down seat is still usable.

·
Registered
KS
1,299 Posts
Looks very nice. Are you able to put the back seat down over it?

I put my sub under the front seat. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073W5PVMP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Used an 800W 10 all self enclosed unit. Sounds good for what it is. Really just wanted some more bass, for fill. System now sounds great. I used dynomat on the floor of the cab and in the doors and added components to the front. Next will be the same for the rear. Those are just powered by the Alpine head unit. Pretty simple but nice.

·
Registered
'97 TC & '97 T-100
246 Posts
Wolf,

Could you also enlighten the audience on what amp you put and where?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
KS
1,299 Posts
I got a simple rockville 10" 800 W sub and amp combo. See pics. Came with the wiring kit too. fits under the driver seat great. Installed some nice Polk audio 6.5" components in the front. I have some Pioneer 6x9's components in the rear that I will install next.

The Alpine Head unit is sweet, touch screen apple car play etc. I put some nice sound deadening in the doors and on the floor as well. Next will be the rear when I take out the rear seats and rear panels. I also did some under hood sound deadening as well.

I did something similar on my last T100. Looks pretty much factory minus the big screen;) The wire to hook up my cell is in the glove box, but will reach out to my seat if need be. Its nice to have for sure. Here are some pics;)
IMG_3586.PNG
IMG_3621.jpg
IMG_3622.jpg
IMG_3623.jpg
IMG_3625.jpg
IMG_3626.jpg
IMG_3627.jpg

·
Registered
'97 TC & '97 T-100
246 Posts
Wolf, thanks for sharing.

I do remember old posts about sound deadening.

In fact they inspired me to dynamat & build boxes from MDF for 6 x 9 Pioneer coaxials on the back.

I know that my head unit does not provide enough power to drive coaxial speakers in the rear, but it isn't as noticeable at the front composites though.

I've been thinking about class FD compact amp (100W x 4) that could be placed right above SRS controller with some type of bracket. (by Thanksgiving hopefully)

That way, I could hopefully have some decent sound from the radio with absolutely no worries about someone stealing the Audiovox type head unit.

·
1995 T100 SR5 V6 3.4L
16 Posts
I got a simple rockville 10" 800 W sub and amp combo. See pics. Came with the wiring kit too. fits under the driver seat great. Installed some nice Polk audio 6.5" components in the front. I have some Pioneer 6x9's components in the rear that I will install next.

The Alpine Head unit is sweet, touch screen apple car play etc. I put some nice sound deadening in the doors and on the floor as well. Next will be the rear when I take out the rear seats and rear panels. I also did some under hood sound deadening as well.

I did something similar on my last T100. Looks pretty much factory minus the big screen;) The wire to hook up my cell is in the glove box, but will reach out to my seat if need be. Its nice to have for sure. Here are some pics;)
What is the touch screen you use? Did you add a backup cam as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts