Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted my snow tires on my original steel Prizm wheels/hubcaps. I know that they made a 1998-2002 Chevy Prizm Aluminum 14" wheels. I was hoping to buy a set of those and buy some new summer tires to mount on them. I am having a hard time find a set FS without spending a fortune. I have been loookng on ebay for over 3 months now and the only ones I can find are the refinshed singles. I am not going to spend $400 + the cost of center caps for my daily driver. I search this forum and one other but I can't even find one set fs (ie searching through the old posts)

Anyone have any suggestions on what corolla forums I should try searching?

G

·
so now you know that I never read posts :) your post title said you wanted used ones. refurb = used. I understand wanting to buy all 4 together. have you tried a local salvage yard. There is a yard right by me called Schmitds. They have many Chevy Prizm's in there, mainly due to accidents as all of there front ends are F$%KED. Their number is (608) 257-0505, they'll pack it up and ship too, I just dont know how much they would charge for that.

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
37 Posts
I checked the salvage yards in this area and they wanted $125 a piece for alloys (They said they would cut me a deal and sell a set of four for $500 ha) and $200 for a set of steelies..

I went to the tire rack and bought a winter tire package and the rims look close to stock, but I actually like them better than the stock ones... Too bad they are for my winter tires...lol..

The alloys I chose were $84 a piece..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
20XRS06 said:
I checked the salvage yards in this area and they wanted $125 a piece for alloys (They said they would cut me a deal and sell a set of four for $500 ha) and $200 for a set of steelies..

I went to the tire rack and bought a winter tire package and the rims look close to stock, but I actually like them better than the stock ones... Too bad they are for my winter tires...lol..

The alloys I chose were $84 a piece..
$500 even $400 is a ton of money for 14" Prizm Corolla rims. They must sell them individually to repairs shop/insurance claims.

I looked at Tire rack and its actually a pretty good deal for packages. I have bought tires from them but never rims. They include free mounting and balancing. My local shop charges $40/wheel for the Hunter balancing (on my Prizm for my snow I did the cheap $80/4 tires) Deducting the cost that it would normally cost me for mounting and balancing it put the low end rims to around $200/set. So that is going to be my backup plan, if I can't find a reasonable priced set of Prizm rims.

I laso looked up my hubs cap (one of mine is scuffed and has a small crack) The orignal LSi's are listed for over $80, and I can get them for a little over $50. What the hell? These are just wheel caps. I can get yhe base model Prizm for only $9/each. It doesn't make sense.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Prizm GSi wheels eh.. AE92 Prizm wheels? I have a set of those somewhere that I'm not willing to get rid of yet. :)

Good luck dude.. I think the later Prizm wheels are still hard to find.

·
Premium Member
14,764 Posts
REN69 said:
Prizm GSi wheels eh.. AE92 Prizm wheels? I have a set of those somewhere that I'm not willing to get rid of yet. :)
and by the time you are i bet my car will have rusted to nothing. these wheels are the strongest alloys ive ever seen. the kid who had them before me bashed many a curb and i've kissed a couple as well. all 4 wheels spin true. i bought them when he got tboned in his GSI, i paid $60 for the set of 4 with 4 bald tires and traded him 3 of my 4 steels with crappy tires.

theyre 5 thick spokes, cast with a machined face.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts