Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got another Camry about a week ago. I finally got around to taking pictures of it. The wife and I decided the name Sultan mostly because she didn't like the name Siltan. It's a two tone of Silver and Tan.

Sultan is a 2001 Camry Collectors Edition. Not a CE. This baby is basically a Lexus. It has the two tone paint, the V6, the nice soft leather instead of the stiff leather, digital climate control, wood grain paneling, keyless entry, and "special" alloy wheels. It also has a full JBL audio system. And a spoiler.

I was lucky enough to pick up this baby for only 2k, mostly because the guy I bought it from didn't know what he had. 200k on the clock. Car was a little moldy when I got it as it had been sitting for a little while. The only thing I can think of this car needs soonish is a new belt, mostly because it's 200k and I doubt it's been changed. So in a few months I'll replace the belt/waterpump/idler pulley. We move in April. I have done 2 things to this car so far, beside clean it. First off, I got a Solara strut bar and man it makes a difference. Secondly, I replaced the headunit with a nice Kenwood with Android Auto.

Oh, the passenger side doesn't unlock with the keyless or power lock. It unlocks everything with the key like normal. Thinking it's the actuator so going to replace that soon.

Reactions: NOTAMR2

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Col-lectors additions? More like Hannibal-Lecter!

Kidding it looks good, but do put some lotion on the skin...Effax or Oakwood leather treatment/cleaners work great !

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Col-lectors additions? More like Hannibal-Lecter!

Kidding it looks good, but do put some lotion on the skin...Effax or Oakwood leather treatment/cleaners work great !
I will be attempting to restore the seats myself in a few weeks. It's still very cold out right now. I also intend to clear up the headlights as well. Thank you for the suggestions on products. I've never restored leather before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don’t waste your time on any “conditioners” for the seats. Most automakers use a coated leather/vinyl, any conditioner you apply won’t even penetrate the pores of the material anyways it will basically just rest on the top of the material.

You could try a soft bristle brush made for cleaning leather and a good cleaner + good ol elbow grease. Or use a steamer to remove any build up grime in the grain of the material. Top off the seats with a leather protectant with UV protection and that would be far as Id go with it.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
"Top off the seats with a leather protectant with UV protection" Oh so like Effax or Oakwood leather treatment ? Genius, why didn't I think of that!

·
Registered
63 Posts
"Top off the seats with a leather protectant with UV protection" Oh so like Effax or Oakwood leather treatment ? Genius, why didn't I think of that!
Get it all out your system bud, you upset about something? :LOL:

what you didn’t receive your kudos?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the tip on conditioners. You guys are funny.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn that's one clean Camry.

Reactions: foxtherouge

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are those factory wheels? What size wheels and tires? I need to get some bigger wheels on my 98 Camry. Going to hit 100K miles very soon!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are those factory wheels? What size wheels and tires? I need to get some bigger wheels on my 98 Camry. Going to hit 100K miles very soon!
Yes, they are factory wheels. They are 16x6.5 45mm offset. You can find them here:

Ebay would probably be your better bet as center caps for these are harder to get than the wheel itself. Also, ironically enough there is a Honda Accord that usually parks next to me that has these wheels and still has the Toyota center caps lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, they are factory wheels. They are 16x6.5 45mm offset. You can find them here:

Ebay would probably be your better bet as center caps for these are harder to get than the wheel itself. Also, ironically enough there is a Honda Accord that usually parks next to me that has these wheels and still has the Toyota center caps lol
What tire size you running? I have 195/70/14s on my 14" rims and was looking to put 16s on it. 14 just looks so small.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What tire size you running? I have 195/70/14s on my 14" rims and was looking to put 16s on it. 14 just looks so small.
205/60R16, the stock size

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice! I see you got the Anzos! Consider putting LEDs into them, these actually work great with them!
20180516_145837.jpg

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! I see you got the Anzos! Consider putting LEDs into them, these actually work great with them!
View attachment 296926
They are already on the way. Due to this stupid virus I have to wait till near the end of the month to get them from Amazon, it's crazy. I ordered the headlights at the same time....

·
500,000 + Miles
2000 Solara
470 Posts
I'm glad you skipped the headlight polishing step. Those polishing kits help for a few months and then it's back to clouded. Someone said there is a UV-resistant outer layer on the headlights and once that's gone, it's time to bite the bullet and buy new headlights.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm glad you skipped the headlight polishing step. Those polishing kits help for a few months and then it's back to clouded. Someone said there is a UV-resistant outer layer on the headlights and once that's gone, it's time to bite the bullet and buy new headlights.
The polishing stuff works and will last a few years if you put a layer of UV resistant clear coat on it. But yeah, these are much better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got the low beam LED in.

On the passenger side is halogen, on the right is LED.

Both LED

Still figuring out the DRL thing as I want the rings over the high beam to be a DRL type light.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got the high beam bulbs in finally. Didn't take a picture as I'm sure you get the idea. Now my headlights are fully LED and I just need to wire the ring. I'll get around to it eventually.

I also got my windows tinted. Just the basic 35% though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts