Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering having a sun roof installed on my 2006 Tacoma access cab. Does anybody have any experience with this. What type to get. Who should install it. Leaks etc. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
Check for user jhobo4 - I'm pretty sure he added a sunroof to his Dbl Cab

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
My dealer had an outside shop installing sunroofs for $1200.00, lifetime warranty.

Beware you might not be able to get a retractable sunroof on an access cab due to lack of room. You might need to get a pop-top one...but I could be wrong.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
novataco said:
Beware you might not be able to get a retractable sunroof on an access cab due to lack of room. You might need to get a pop-top one...but I could be wrong.
The link I posted looks like a retractable one for the access cab

·
TJOPILOT
2005 Taco TRD DkBlue
200 Posts
Moonroof

Hey Jimhog, I just got a quote from a Webasto certified installer in Aston, PA. He said $1050 for an electric roof or $395 for a popup and out moonroof. Thats what I'm going with. He's been there for 10 years and has a great warranty for the roof. Hope this helps.

·
knucklehead
113 Posts
I like the Webasto too. I called 2 places near here from the website. One place quoted $1100 the other wanted $1400, installed. I gotta feeling I know what's gonna happen to my tax refund.

·
U Cant win if U dont play
2012 Spruce Mica Tac
68 Posts
I'm about to put a Webesto in my Access Cab. Custom Soft Trim told me they wouldn't do it though because the sunroof doesn't open all the way. They demonstrated if for me. It stops about 3 to 4 inches before going all the way back into the roof.

The shade slide doesn't go all the way back either. So, even when the window is closed, you will still have about 3 to 4 inches of glass blocked by the shade. So, when you have the tilt engaged, you might not even get any air coming in.

In the Access Cab, this is the largest window they can put in. Webesto opens about 10". The Inalfa opens even less. They had both in their shop and showed both to me.

I think I am willing to forgive these imperfectiions. I've been wanting a sunroof since I got my truck. Have a 10" opening is better than no opening at all IMO.

The double cab models can handle a full-sized sunroof that will open all the way. But, since I have no plans to get one of those in the near future, I will just settle for this one. Maybe in a few years, Toyota will wise up and put them as an option in the Tacomas (at least in the double cab models).

Price??? $1199 + tax installed with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sunroof

I'd be interested in a pop-out one on my single cab, anybody ever heard of that being done?

·
All about the REDneckness
07 Tacoma 4x4
476 Posts
I'd be interested in a pop-out one on my single cab, anybody ever heard of that being done?
i had a pop up on my 99 taco. i LOVED it. thats what im gettin for my access cab. way cheaper than gettin the electric one. Never once leaked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts