Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the pop down tray with the mirror on it that you can put your sun glasses in to stow them away. When I went to close my mine recently the right side popped out of its clip; I am not sure how its secured in. But it doesn't close properly anymore and I have to put my sun glasses in the console bin. I guess its another thing I need to get the dealership to fix when I am there in June for my maintenance but thought I would share with you folks as I have been lucky so far to not experience the kinds of issues some of you have.

Thanks,

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it's really flimsy....sometimes I have to attempt to close it a few times, as it will not close on the first try.....I never had this issue on my 2013.

·
Registered
20 Ruby Platinum HL, 19 Lexus UX200, 17 Yaris iA
871 Posts
It is a cheesy cheapie setup......If it popped out, and it is not broken, it can be popped back. It is likely what they did when it was built. Or see your friendly dealer for warranty, if you still have....

I keep my garage door opener up there, as I have yet to figure out how actually use the smart mirror.

My sunglasses are stowed in the arm rest cubb.y

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Platinum - Moon Dust
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's really flimsy....sometimes I have to attempt to close it a few times, as it will not close on the first try.....I never had this issue on my 2013.
It's definitely flimsy, my 2009 Nissan Murano one has no problems for 10 years until I traded it in for my Highlander.

·
Registered
Highlander Hybrid 2020
435 Posts
I had the same problem. I could put it back in by torquing the springed axle with a small screwdriver and putting it back in place. I would go back out within a few days.

I reported the problem to the dealer who ordered a replacement. He told me that the part number changed, indicating that the design changed over time. Since it has been replaced with the new version, it did not pop out.

jf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts