Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a sunroof deflector from Benevento. Curious if anyone else has installed this. Once tightened, the screws seem to stick out more than I would think. Was wondering if anyone else has the same issue or any pics to compare my installation to. Cheers!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out my issue with the bolts, but fully tightened, I feel like the deflector isn't snug enough to the body. Unfortunately, the instructions are useless for figuring out exactly where the deflector fits. I found a spot that sucked it down against the roof, but then the sunroof wouldn't close completely. Any suggestions on placement? Was thinking maybe I should bend the clips a little to get it to be more snug.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Netwhiz where did you get your deflector at? I"m thinking of getting them also but at weathertech.com it may be in back order. They have good quality stuff there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I readjusted the deflector and the rubber flap hits the roof, but the hard rubber seal is about 1/8" off the roofline, which can't be good. Not sure where the ideal mounting position is. I've tightened to the extend of the nut/bolt, so I'm lost as to what the issue is. Wish I was 4" tall, so I could see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts