Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BLARRGH!!!!
'92 Paseo
277 Posts
Yes pop the roof up and look for a spring retainer clip, move it out of the way of its catch and unhook the handle in the car.

Madcat:rockon:

·
BLARRGH!!!!
'92 Paseo
277 Posts
TaWcomA26 said:
Dam...i've had my paseo for years 12 to be exact...I never knew you can take out the glass top...people always asked does it come out and all i said was nope...its fake...haha dam thanks madcat..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
'92 Paseo 205 Black/Grey
1992 Toyota Paseo
23 Posts
I popped out my sunroof for the first time this weekend, and when I went to put it in its storage/carrier bag in the trunk, I found an interior panel in the carrier that pops into place beneath the sunroof when it is on the car. Pretty handy. Keeps the interior cooler. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Madcat said:
Yes pop the roof up and look for a spring retainer clip, move it out of the way of its catch and unhook the handle in the car.

:eek:
i don't give it?? sorry i am too stupid.:confused: can explan to me? thanks.

·
BLARRGH!!!!
'92 Paseo
277 Posts
I'll get some pics up tomarrow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Inside of the car: Squeeze the outside edges of the pop-open handle. This will release the pins which hold the handle in place. The handle will swing free from the vehicle and remain with the sunroof panel.

Next

Outside of car: On the drivers side push sunroof panel up a couple of inches through the opened drivers door window with your right hand. Next. slide your left hand along the drivers underside of the panel towards the front you will feel a little spring clip. Hold that clip up against the panel (if you release the clip it will engage the panel and hold it from going up any further). Once the panel is free of the clip, lift the entire panel up and out. Use your right hand for the rear of the glass. Slide your left hand towards the forward edge of the panel and lift the entire unit free of the vehicle.

Reinstallation: Simply slide the two clips on the forward edge of the panel into the two slots inside of the vehicle sunroof slot. Gently release the panel into the sunroof opening. Go inside of your seo and squeeze the outside of the release handle and reinsert it into the latch on your roof.

Done ;)

·
BLARRGH!!!!
'92 Paseo
277 Posts
Pics as promised :D

Open by squeezing the black tabs together.

Reveailing the metal arms.

Squeeze them like so

Carefully pry the retainer spring from the clip.

And remove:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you so much guys. I had paseo three years now. Never knew I can take off the sunroof. Sorry I am too stupid. And once again thanks for u pic madcat. And u too matantcheese thanks for u long info. Thanks guys.

·
BLARRGH!!!!
'92 Paseo
277 Posts
oklalala said:
Thank you so much guys. I had paseo three years now. Never knew I can take off the sunroof. Sorry I am too stupid. And once again thanks for u pic madcat. And u too matantcheese thanks for u long info. Thanks guys.
No problem, actually took me a year to figure it out :disappoin .

·
BLARRGH!!!!
'92 Paseo
277 Posts
MutantCheese said:
Didn't you guys read the manual?....:lol:

Would've if the car came with one when we bought the thing:ugh3: .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can the factory sunroof be taken out? ie. removable?

If so, how is this achieved?

Thanks!
I am selling my 1997 toyota paseo and just found the bag with the interior shade in it in my garage and it's never been out of the bag... My car has less than 92000 original miles but the hood, passenger fender & front bumper has been replaced by my brother due to a minor accident his ex had and then a pickup truck with a hitch backed into it and put another dent in the hood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts