Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
THE CHRIS
2014 Veloster Turbo
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should get pictures, I know, but is anyone else seeing it on theirs?

The rubber seal that goes around the roof glass is rusting from the inside out on mine. you can see visible oxidation and the seal is a bit "crunchy" toward the middle. Now i know it sounds like i mean the seal itself is rusting, but its not.. The metal bracket that goes around the glass, that the seal attaches to, is rusting.

56K miles.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mine rusted and they replaced the whole glass under warranty!! I could be wrong but I don't think you could replace just the rubber!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,470 Posts
Mine looks just fine but we don't use salt in the NW. :clap:

·
THE CHRIS
2014 Veloster Turbo
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,470 Posts
thanks, that is GREAT to know. i've already broken a few bolts on this car due to rust.

you use pepper instead? :lol:
Sand, salt is outlawed since it's so bad for the road & cars. :thumbsup: Every state should do the same, there are many other things available that work as good or better then salt & do less damage too.

·
THE CHRIS
2014 Veloster Turbo
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nothing. i called them twice this morning at 8 and then at 830-left a message with my number to call me back. no call back yet.

thinking of going there on my lunchbreak.

·
THE CHRIS
2014 Veloster Turbo
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
still no call, so i left a message on their facebook page, which prompted a call in about 5 minutes.

on the phone, the rust coverage is for perforation (holes) only 5 years / unlimited miles. my rust expired at 3 years or 36K miles on the car. the tech, brian, told me that it is a $103 diagnostic fee to have it looked at, and that it would most likely NOT be covered under warranty...

trade in for a veloster is looking better and better everyday!

·
THE CHRIS
2014 Veloster Turbo
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
Compared to the Corolla dash anything has more buttons, plus the near 500W sound system will quickly help you overcome any aversions you may have.

...besides
after you hit the "Engine Start" button at the bottom, you'll be spending the majority of your time looking out for auto-x cones.:D

·
THE CHRIS
2014 Veloster Turbo
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
true that. not sure what class the veloster is in, but i am guessing either FSP or DSP.

im still angry.... oh well i have an appointment to see and drive that car at 530pm tomorrow.

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
I think by perforate they mean it penetrates all the way through creating a hole. Surface rust doesn't count I don't think...:ugh3:

·
THE CHRIS
2014 Veloster Turbo
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
when the metal falls out i think that qualifies. oh well we'll see when i head down there at lunch tomorrow. if they charge me the diag fee there will be HELL to pay!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,470 Posts
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/future-cars/2013/veloster/

:naughty:

Could get good mpgs...if you could keep the foot out it.
believe me, i've had a hard on for that thing since it was introduced as a concept. i've driven the N/A one a few times now and it's peppier than the S, as well as lighter with a smaller engine.

my only dislike is all the buttons on the dash.

http://herbchambershyundaiofauburn.com/Vehicle_Details/desc/New_Hyundai_Veloster__/vehicleID/332382
I like the car but hate that it's only a 2 door. The lines are nice but that front grill is seriously ugly Looks like one of those fish with a large mouth. :lol: I also like how clean the dash is on the Corolla & my 440 watt JBL stereo plays plenty loud. :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts