Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there a supercharger that can be installed in my 2002 Camry LE V6? What horsepower and torque increase will I see and what is the cost of the supercharger?

Thanks,

Aziz

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Welcome to the board. Hopefully we'll see you at one of our Toronto meets.

The TRD supercharger can be installed in your car. I think you're looking at at least 3 grand. You can check the parts dept of your dealership. BTW, which dealership did you get your 2002 from??

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
BTW, the increase is in the area of 50hps, at least. I could be wrong though. Ben (CamryRR) is a Montreal Camry owner with the supercharger. He'll be able to shed more light on this.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you sure the TRD SC can be intalled on the 02 Camry...? The engine might look KINDA same but the EBC and EFI senser are different...(one of those senser thing....forgot the actual name)...

TRD SC is for 98-01 Gen 4 Camry and Solara....not 100% sure is for 02 camry...

Rookie Solara

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rookie Solara on 2002-01-22 23:48 ]</font>

·
There is no substitute.
7,336 Posts
Rookie Solara: You remember Gibson who got the S/C in his Gen3 right? :grin:

Someone had done it in an older camry so I'm not suprised that it can be done to a newer camry also.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips and I plan on attending the meetings.

As for where I bought the Camry, It was from http://www.miltontoyota.com. The sales people were great and very professional. Got a great deal on the car as well ($700 above dealer cost or $2000 in savings).

If you are interested, lemme know and I can give you the name of the person I dealt with.

Thanks,

Aziz

·
Toyota Lexus Scion Guru
323 Posts
On 2002-01-22 23:51, elegantcam wrote:
Rookie Solara: You remember Gibson who got the S/C in his Gen3 right? :grin:

Someone had done it in an older camry so I'm not suprised that it can be done to a newer camry also.
The 2002 Camry 1MZ-FEs utilize a throttle by wire system meaning you don't have a conventional TB with a wire throttle. It's electronically controlled. Now tell me...how are you gonna work the S/C with that? Just because Gibson99 got his to work on an older 1MZ doesn't mean it's working 100%. From what I recall, his idle is abnormally low, his A/C isn't working properly, power steering isn't really functional...and his EGR isn't plugged in...and just recently his S/C is leaking. That's great it works...but it's only half a$$! :grin: Just be patient and see what TRD USA has in store for the 02. Hopefully a revised S/C for the newer 2002 Camry 1MZs.

TeamSC³-Founding Member - SoCal/NorCal