Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup yall? I had a quick question.. im running a 94 tercel with both power steering and a/c... the engine is the stock 3ee ( or something to that effect).. i was just curious as to how much it would cost to super charge the car... also if anyone new in what ways my car would bennefit ,, and if there are any reasons why someone would super charge as opposed to turbo charging that would be nice to..
thanks again

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
look for a 4agze supercharger

it's electronically controlled and you can replace your ac compressor with it with some mods and fabrication

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
If you supercharge a 3ee be prepared to have one helluva ride, but thatll be it, one ride.

Youll blow that thing faster than a crackwhore at Donald Trumps feet.:bukkake:

If ya really wanna get some power out of your car, the first thing you need to do is swap out that engine.

There are a few descent engines that drop in fairly easily.

5e from a 95^up tercel
5e from a Paseo
5efhe JDM version of the same motor, stronger internals and better compression (I believe)
4efte JDM again, from a Toyota Starlet, comes stock w/ turbo

good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
What would happen if he had the Block rebuilt and re-bored? You could get more out of the engine no?

The 5e from the Paseo comes in 2 flavors though, the '92 (like mine) comes with 100hp and 91lb/ft of torque. After '93 or '94, they started coming with 92hp...and less torque.

But if you've got a tercel, swapping for a mere 8-10 hp gain is kinda paultry i think...

so the best engine on that list looks like the 4eFhte from the Starlet...

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
4e-fte:thumbup: that would give you plenty of power and it would still be streetable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey YA, i forgot about that one!

4efte gets about 133-135hp
116lb/ft of torque.
hmmm

Maybe I want that one too....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cooool! but... um felllas.....

ok.. so the 4efte is the best thing to improve my vehicles performance.. great... so about how much is that going to run me? i know its not going to be cheap...but i mean. what kinda money are we talking about..( basically i need to know so i can gauge how long ill be saving..) thanx...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Look it up on Ebay...there are usually a few. Sometimes they auction off for about 1300US sometimes less...

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
Or you can head over BackYardProductions in FLA, they are the 4e/tercel swap masters

·
Turbo Bitch!!!
300 Posts
I've had the swap done.

Gained a lot of speed over stock. Gained about 40hp over stock. 91hp @ the crank at about 5300 RPMS in the 5E-FE DIS. Making 133hp (EP82 1991-1994) @ 9psi @ 6250RPMs.

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
They can mail you one also, if your have a mechanic in Toronto capeble of doing the swap right.

DOTMREP

·
Turbo Bitch!!!
300 Posts
Worthwhile???

Would have been if I had gotten the engine swap done on a 'cel with less than 200k miles...

It's taken a lot more than what it was suppose to, to keep it on the road. My car is cursed. No matter what I do. :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
LBT, that kinda sucks...

Otherwise,

Would swapping a 4e be more economic than boring out the cylinders etc..and remanufacturing or rebuilding the existing engine to get Naturally Aspirated Power?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts