Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
RADMOJO
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So sunday I went to Santiago Canyon with a few other Taco owners. Enjoyed the day out there and stayed down at my parents home in Laguna Beach. I spent the night and woke up early to hit up Holy Jims w/another TN member. I had lunch afterwards with a friend down in Lake Forest and began my journey back to Sherman Oaks.

I was driving up the 5 North bound freeway. Doing what I normally do, I scanned through my music for another song. Then I hear a loud Bam, Clunk, & Thunk. Looked out my windshield and that thing is cracked all over. I drove to the right shoulder of the freeway to get to a safe location. My carbon fiber hood is cracked in a few places. My driver side fender is trashed. My windshield was cracked to the point I couldn't see out of it safely. The top part of my roof was dented near the top of my windshield that caused my center console temp gauge to pop out.

I had to get my truck towed 60 miles back home by AAA. Thank goodness I had a AAA Plus membership. I was relieved that I'm ok and still alive. However I'm so sad to see my truck in this state. I just finished my final look and was happy with it to only find it short lived. Just feeling violated in a way but ohh well. My GF made me dinner for the night and my best friend took me out for a few drinks.

I have to drop off the truck for 3 weeks to get it all fixed. Bummer. So i'll be in a Mazda 3 sedan for awhile. I'm sad because my truck will not look the same when it comes back from the shop. No more carbon fiber hood and a few other thinks.

Sorry guys for this long ranting...just really bummed out. :sosad:

·
RADMOJO
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^
I don't have the slightest clue on what it was. I was looking at my display on my Pioneer head unit while switching tracks. I had looked at the road and it was safe ahead of me. Then I glanced back at the display screen and thats when it happened. I looked up in shock because there was no cars really in front of me. When I looked up, I didn't see a car in front of me and my truck was going still at 70mph. So I had to pull over when it was safe. I still don't know what the heck it was. It had to be something large to do the damage it did. :confused:

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
That would have to be like a concrete block to crack the window and the hood though. I don't know how a rock could do that.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Damn! I'm so sorry to hear that man. You didn't go back and see what was on the ground? I would have investigated it dude. At least let it go through insurance under comprehension and pay a deductible. I love your CF hood.

·
Did somebody say snow?
231 Posts
Wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear. It could have been worse. You could have been the vehicle on the southbound side of I-5 18 miles north of Santa Clarita on Sunday goin over the grapevine that caught on fire and was totally engulfed in flames you couldn't tell what it was. It was gone.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.