Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
RADMOJO
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So sunday I went to Santiago Canyon with a few other Taco owners. Enjoyed the day out there and stayed down at my parents home in Laguna Beach. I spent the night and woke up early to hit up Holy Jims w/another TN member. I had lunch afterwards with a friend down in Lake Forest and began my journey back to Sherman Oaks.

I was driving up the 5 North bound freeway. Doing what I normally do, I scanned through my music for another song. Then I hear a loud Bam, Clunk, & Thunk. Looked out my windshield and that thing is cracked all over. I drove to the right shoulder of the freeway to get to a safe location. My carbon fiber hood is cracked in a few places. My driver side fender is trashed. My windshield was cracked to the point I couldn't see out of it safely. The top part of my roof was dented near the top of my windshield that caused my center console temp gauge to pop out.

I had to get my truck towed 60 miles back home by AAA. Thank goodness I had a AAA Plus membership. I was relieved that I'm ok and still alive. However I'm so sad to see my truck in this state. I just finished my final look and was happy with it to only find it short lived. Just feeling violated in a way but ohh well. My GF made me dinner for the night and my best friend took me out for a few drinks.

I have to drop off the truck for 3 weeks to get it all fixed. Bummer. So i'll be in a Mazda 3 sedan for awhile. I'm sad because my truck will not look the same when it comes back from the shop. No more carbon fiber hood and a few other thinks.

Sorry guys for this long ranting...just really bummed out. :sosad:

·
Membership canceled
307 Posts
Dude that sucks.. what hit your truck?

Wheres santiago canyon at? I saw your pics on the show thread.. where is that location? is it better then the trail at holy jim?

·
07 Tacoma TRD Sport
263 Posts
I'm curious about what happened too?! I've been in your position before Ray... It sucks, but it will be fixed in time. Gotta be patient

·
RADMOJO
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^
I don't have the slightest clue on what it was. I was looking at my display on my Pioneer head unit while switching tracks. I had looked at the road and it was safe ahead of me. Then I glanced back at the display screen and thats when it happened. I looked up in shock because there was no cars really in front of me. When I looked up, I didn't see a car in front of me and my truck was going still at 70mph. So I had to pull over when it was safe. I still don't know what the heck it was. It had to be something large to do the damage it did. :confused:

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
may have been a dear or some type of animal. must have flew to the side of the road whatever it was. it had to be something of significant size to do that amount of damage and make it over your hood and hit your roof. :wtf:

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
That would have to be like a concrete block to crack the window and the hood though. I don't know how a rock could do that.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Damn! I'm so sorry to hear that man. You didn't go back and see what was on the ground? I would have investigated it dude. At least let it go through insurance under comprehension and pay a deductible. I love your CF hood.

·
Did somebody say snow?
231 Posts
Wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear. It could have been worse. You could have been the vehicle on the southbound side of I-5 18 miles north of Santa Clarita on Sunday goin over the grapevine that caught on fire and was totally engulfed in flames you couldn't tell what it was. It was gone.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Too late now but weren't you curious enough to walk back to the impact spot while waiting for the tow? :confused:

Any hair, blood or evidence of mammal?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts