Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, so I was looking over at the TC boys forums and saw talk about the stock 2az-fe being able to handle upwards of like 280-300hp on stock internals and upgraded injectors. I just bought a remanufactured 2azfe long block for my 03 camry and wanted to know what do you guys think about a supercharged 2azfe? The specific setup I’d be using goes by the name of “Toyota SC14” nifty little supercharger that somebody told me I should look into and originally I was looking at the “AMR500” but after being told that SC is too small for my engine i threw that idea out. I wanted to stay away from turboing but if anyone has recommendations for that I’m all ears.

I think the compression ratio of the Camry is like between 9.6-10 (idk unless I get it tested) but I’m not planning to run super high levels of boost maybe 3-5 at most just something to get that extra oomf I’ve seen usage of the AEM FI/C 6 be used as a piggy back unit aswell

move seen some people run this without a tune because of its size so idk I’d probably still get one. A bracket would need to be fabricated to hold the SC and it’ll work once properly aligned

this SC I believe also features a magnetic clutch engagement (not that is use it but I could) similar to this setup

car: A/T 2003 Camry LE 2.4L 4cyl

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's long long long gone.
A lot of these TC guys are using kits for SC and TC why can’t we buy one and do a little fabbing to make it work on a Camry? It’s the same engine after all and some modification is gonna be needed regardless I don’t see why more people aren’t doing it to Camrys and corrollas alike

·
Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,382 Posts
I
A lot of these TC guys are using kits for SC and TC why can’t we buy one and do a little fabbing to make it work on a Camry? It’s the same engine after all and some modification is gonna be needed regardless I don’t see why more people aren’t doing it to Camrys and corrollas alike
As long as you can do the metal fabrication, pipe work, and tuning then anything is possible.

Arguably, the TC are for the kids, the Camry are for the adults, and the Corolla is for everyone in between. Some of the kids have the ability to do it, the adults don't care, and the in-betweens can and have done it.

Everything is up to you. The work needed and the diagnosis needed to keep it working as there is little anyone here can do to assist you for anything. You simply do it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I

As long as you can do the metal fabrication, pipe work, and tuning then anything is possible.

Arguably, the TC are for the kids, the Camry are for the adults, and the Corolla is for everyone in between. Some of the kids have the ability to do it, the adults don't care, and the in-betweens can and have done it.

Everything is up to you. The work needed and the diagnosis needed to keep it working as there is little anyone here can do to assist you for anything. You simply do it.
Preciate you bro 💪🏾

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you link me to the throttle body you bought? Been looking everywhere for a performance TB. Or a link to some of these parts I’d love to make performance modifications to my Camry she’s getting another engine swap because I blew the new engine. (Manufacturer fault I haven’t even driven 1,000 miles)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts