Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 02 Camry 3L V6 with a 4 speed (auto). Any of you know a right fit supercharger for this type? First time modding a car. Any suggestions on 'preparing the car' before throwing a supercharger on.

·
Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,382 Posts
Anything to get one on, talking in terms of maintaining a car i can do. its tough finding the right supercharger for this car. Even if not able to find one, the turbo would be the next route, hesitant since it 'could' knock the engine, but its time for a upgrade.
Maintaining a car is "easy" but what else can you do? If you think your vehicle is slow, have you done anything to make sure it is actually functioning as it should?

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,367 Posts

·
Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,382 Posts
Actually it's one of the easiest cars to find the right supercharger for, as linked above.

Actually finding one will be harder though...
It's so easy that it was likely just as hard 20 years ago... but I wouldn't know.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I much prefer a super charger over turbo for daily driver especially in America and especially on trucks no matter if it is off-roading or towing.

If you can find one a Whipple super charger is many times better than an Eaton Roots style.

From 1988 to about 1993 I added forced induction to BMW's, Daimler,Toyota's, Nissans, Audi's, metric bikes, custom V-Twin engines. If I could not get a Whipple a reworked G-Lader was my my next choice. I prob. put 200 or more G-Laders on every thing from Toyota's to Chevy's!!! I spent 12 years in Germany including High School so the G-Lader was a given. Just like every one in the 1980's used G3

You need the ability to tune, make custom brackets and pulleys. The ability to make your own intake manifold is helpful. If you can not tune the stock ECM then stand alone aftermarket ECM. I do not know if Aux Fuel Controllers are still a thing I am not current!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.