Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and did a search but could't find what I'm looking for.
I've got an '02 Tundra and am thinking about adding a trd supercharger. I'd like to get feedback from people who've added this after owning one for a while.
How much power does it really add?
I'm doing this because I need more power to tow with. Will it add more low end torque as well?
Every tech I talk to seems to give me a different story.
Thanks in advance
Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
well the factory 4.7l comes with 245hp i believe and with the supercharger its goes to like 335hp. seems like that would make an impressionable difference to me. ive put the s/c on the v6 tacoma and there was a very large increase, i would say that the s/c for the 4.7l should yield the same results. i dont know however about the fuel system and whether it can supply the supercharged engine with what it needs. anyone know of an s/c 4.7l leaning out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 2UZ-FE S/C has been put on "hold" by TRD. I have driven all the Toyota Trucks with Superchargers on them. (I own the 4 Cylinder 3-RZ Tacoma S/C).

The I-Force runs pretty well with the Supercharger. It comes complete with an electronic interface that wires into the ECU. This controls and adapts many things, most noticably: the transmission. It changes the shift points, and actually shifts smoother at WOT than stock.

You can still find superchargers even after they have been discontinued/put on "hold". The best advice I can offer you if you are going to S/C your truck, is to install the TRD headers and exhaust. It will probably operate well with the cold air intake in conjunction. (Although the 2.4, 2.7, and 3.4 S/C's throw a lean code when combined with the intake.)

This blower (4.7) is probably the coolest out of the Toyota Trucks (it sorta sounds like a spaceship or something when it is winding up)

--------------------------------------
Here are a couple pictures of my Supercharged Tacoma 4 Banger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice truck, Thanks for the info. I just talked to the dealer the other day and they said the same thing about the S/C being on hold. Hopefully that will change sometime soon. For now I'm going to add the stainless trd exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts