Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am driving a 1995 Camry V6 LE coupe equipped with the 1 MZ-FE engine. TRD makes a supercharger for the 1 MZ-FE engine; however, the TRD website says that this supercharger will fit only into to 97-00 models. I was hoping to find out if this supercharger will fit into my car given that I do have the 1 MZ-FE. Thank you for your time and help.

Matt

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
its what i'm here for

as you can see, it is possible, but it is a huge pain in the ass, and i don't think he ever got it running all that well

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
dont know if this will work or not, but I plan on trying it when I get the next gen 3: putting the charger on a 97-01 1MZ, then swapping it into the 1MZ-equipped gen 3. Part of the issue is the oil lines (?) and hood clearance.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I already did it. It clears fine, and I don't see any problem with the oil lines. A gen 3 with a gen 4 1mz and a blower actually has a little more room between the engine and firewall than the solara or gen 4. Don't forget the computer.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Gibson did a nice job on it. He still hasn't perfected it though. It took some retro fitting to get it on there. And I don't believe he has been able to run high psi yet. But he hasn't updated in a long time.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Warped said:
He sold his Camry a while back didn't he?
I'm not sure. His webpage hasn't been updated in like a year. Someone could go post on Camryman.org and find out. That's where he hangs out. I don't think he ever come over here.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
mobes said:
He sold the Camry to a friend and bought a 5 speed Miata and a gen2 cam.
He had the Miata since way before he, if he did, sell his Camry. He has also had the Gen 2 for a long time. Cause I remember him posting pics of all three just a little while ago.

Either way, he's the one to talk to.

·
stealth
253 Posts
he sold his camry i emailed him about his set up and i believe the biggest problems were boost during shift changes with the auto tranny and the egr pipe was diff then the ones on the 4th gen camry 1mz engines. He did say that with a 5 spd it would be much easier to get going properly. If i find his email to me ill post it

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Cool.

I miss that Camry:( It's was so sexy:loove:

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
I4 to V6 Swap said:
I already did it. It clears fine, and I don't see any problem with the oil lines. A gen 3 with a gen 4 1mz and a blower actually has a little more room between the engine and firewall than the solara or gen 4. Don't forget the computer.
did you switch the tranny to a 5 speed when you did your swap?

When I do mine, the block, 5 speed and ecu is going in too. Definitely will upgrade internals on it too just to come close to pushing 260bhp.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's correct. I have the 5pd too. Rigging the computer to work with the gen 3 is a bitch. If you aren't going to do the wiring yourself, California rewire in rancho did mine. They did a great job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts