Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
one of a kind
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if toyota ever goning to bring back the supra

why are they discontuine in the first place? arent toyota suppose to step up to other maker like the honda/acura NSX, Nissan Skyline/305z, madza RX8?

It is because of high price?

i heard that people rather buy (americans) corvette (400 hp) for $40000 than a supra(320hp TT) for S50000. But not quite sure. Beside others have say that toyota still reproduce the supra..but its only in japan.

IF the supra does reborn..anyone knows how is gonna look like? i saw a sketch of one in my IMPORT TUNNER MAG..with suppose to come out in 2007..retail for about $100,000, V8 TT with 800hp.

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
i heard elsewhere they were using a V10...but who knows. just "friend of a friend told me" i believe it was phased out from poor sales...most cars are.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I really wish people would do a search b4 they post. This topic has been brought up countless times. Toyota discontinued the supra in the US due to diminishing sales due to the consumer not wanting to pay the high price tag. Like any sales market, if a product does not sell very well, its production cost exceeds it's profit margin, hence discontinuing it. This held true for mkII mr2's (stopped selling in US in 1995), the new celica and the MRS.

AND Toyota is NOT making a new supra in 2007. It is all rumors. Toyota officially announced that is will not resurrect the Supra. What you saw was the Lexus concept car (can't remember the name). Do a search and you will find everything you're wondering about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.