Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the outcome with the civic an the supra ma boy thinks he will win and i just laugh what do you guys think?:lol:

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
he might take ya off the line, but nothin after that. what are the specs on the h22 anyways? what mods (you and him) are there?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine are clutch exhaust intake an intercooler but soon he is going turbo what do u think?

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
a t3/t4 turbo doesn't mean anything. There are so many varieties and sizes a generic turbo size like that doesn't say anything about what he'll do.

Fact of the matter is you'll win. A Supra Twin Turbo (1993+) is far faster than a H22a.

On an H22
Bone stock internals
skunk2 i/m
AEM ITR intake
An-r header
act clutch and fly
hondata s100
190whp/145 tq
My stock Mk3 Supra is faster than that...

then with 100 shot direct port(tuned pig rich)
305 whp/256 tq
It has more HP than my Supra (1988) at this point, however, I've got more than 75ft-lbs of torque on it and that's the important factor.

Now, a BPU Supra will be more than 400hp.

So, a BPU TT Supra -vs- a ~250hp Honda? Don't make me laugh. The only thing the Honda has is lightweight, the power differences will far overcome this.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Just wait until he has about 10k miles after turboing his car... then that shit will be completely blown and you can run circles around it on a bike... :lol:

I can take my friends h22 civic in my MR2 any day.... granted I have been driving stick since I was 10 and he has been driving for about 6 months.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Think about it. Civic and supra. Which name carries more weight?

Supra. They were the ultimate combo or performance and looks.

Civic. #1 choice of ricers. :lol:

And what kind of race are you doing? 1/4 mile?

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Some honda's are nothing to laugh at. We've got a black turbocharged Integra in town that dyno's at more than 520+ wheel horsepower.

Laugh at that Honda and you'll get your ass handed to you.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Jeeves said:
Some honda's are nothing to laugh at. We've got a black turbocharged Integra in town that dyno's at more than 520+ wheel horsepower.

Laugh at that Honda and you'll get your ass handed to you.
Of course there are some hardcore hondas but its only like 10 percent of the honda population.

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
CamNub said:
Of course there are some hardcore hondas but its only like 10 percent of the honda population.
10%? :lol: ... not even close. I have not had 1 Honda pull up to me yet that has won. Granted I turn half of them down. I had a guy in a hatchback pull the "hazard" on me today :rolleyes:. Most civics aren't worth the gas. If they are... tell them to meet you at the track... and rack their ass there :D

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
toyotafan said:
if its got that much then the only thing left on it thats honda/acura is the name ;)
Nope, not at all. Lightened interior. Turbocharged honda motor. Slicks on the front, but yeah.... 90% of it was still there.

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Yea... there is a Prelude and now a Civic... same guy built the motors for them.... 500+ HP on both. Talk about torque steer.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
toyotafan said:
my money is on the toyota ..... after all ....... its a freakin honda ..... a glorified lawn mower...:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
where have u been hiding??....the past four or five years....the cars that tend to dominate the Import car drag scene were the hondas....how many toyotas have even broke the 8 or 9 second barrier lately??......

·
Registered
270 Posts
well i think that's the case because of the availablity and low cost of a honda. Why buy a 35-40 thousand dollar supra and gut it and such when you can pick up a civic for 3 or 4 g's?? Not to mention the plethera of aftermarket shizzle.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
toyotafan said:
aaaaahhhhhcccckkkkkk still a glorified lawn mower ;)
Keep thinkin' that. I'm gonna laugh my ass off when I see the "A honda handed me my ass today" post.

Power is power, whether it's outta a V8, V6, I6, Flat4, or Transverse4 motor... Besides that, go play with some nice DSMs. They're 4Cyl, AWD, Turbocharged beasts. With $8k in mods can break into the 11s without breaking a sweat.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
MRQturbo said:
where have u been hiding??....the past four or five years....the cars that tend to dominate the Import car drag scene were the hondas....how many toyotas have even broke the 8 or 9 second barrier lately??......
Toyota has been taking a shitty route. All their cars are getting bigger and are all "under powered" compared to their "counter parts." IE honda accord vs camry.

Also, there are too many civics and the general thought about them is they are ricer cars. And the reason they can break the 8-9 sec barrier is (guessing) because their turbo kits are dirt cheap. W/ so much companies trying to provide a/f support they have very competitive pricing. For example. Maybe their turbo is only 1700 vs some of ours which are like 3000-4000. That is a big difference and the hondas can use that diff to upgrade their turbos.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts