Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title sais..what do you think could all be wrong with a car with flood damage and the engine wont start..could it just be little shit like electrical and fuel pump or what?!? Its a 1994 TT supra with 51k miles for only $5700. New 2jzgte engine is only 2300 shipped to me about..so how much do you think it would cost to make this baby work?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
if ur willing to live with a salvage title..then go right ahead...it will be harder to resale the car w/o a clean title.....what about the rest of the car..it could have tons of electrical damage from the water soaking.....

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
little shit? Electricals of a Supra -- or any modern car -- are easier said than done... it could just be an ECU... or it could be a big headache.

·
Registered
175 Posts
it depends how much water.

interior
electronics (some may be saved)
any engine internals..... might want to be prepare for a rebuild or swap. same with tranny.
it's probably going to rust alot sooner then it should (ie water in the interior or other body pockets.)

it wouldn't be a good day to day car, but go for it if you want a project car :thumbup:

depending on the amount of water damage 5700 might be a little high... but for a supra that might not be the case.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Oh man, Flood damage?

you know how RANK that car is gonna be? Mildew out the ass! Even if you could get it running, (which will probably be difficult) Youd probably have to replace the entire interior to get rid of the smell.

plus, $5700 really isnt that great of a deal. ive seen Lambo's with flood damage for like $10-$15

sounds like a huge risk

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
I'm guessgin ECU, and if the water damage was severe..then you'll have that foul moldy smell all over the car forever, and that there will be buildup in the dash, some electronics might work, some at times....my friend bought a older GS w/ flood title, for the first month he hated his car..but then he got to completely details and replaced a few things..its been good to him for the past 4 years!

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
certain cars with salvage titles are not that hard to sell, it just depends on the car. i have seen a bunch of cars for sale like this supra, there's a whole website with them on there that are from fresh water floods...some are theft recovery, some are engine fires, big time wrecks etc. ferrari's, lambo's and an RX-7 FD that was a theft recovery...it was stripped & then some :eek:

if you're willing to invest the time & money into it could be worth it, but you could also get in over your head very easily if a lot turns out to be wrong with it.

Keri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts