Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 06 as im approaching a stop about when im at 10 mph while braking the trans seems like it surges me forward i see the rpms go up to 1500 then as im slowing down the rpms go down to normal 700-800rpm range, it happens evertime with or without the a/c on car has 31000 miles and i just got it any suggestions?

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
hello i have a 06 as im approaching a stop about when im at 10 mph while braking the trans seems like it surges me forward i see the rpms go up to 1500 then as im slowing down the rpms go down to normal 700-800rpm range, it happens evertime with or without the a/c on car has 31000 miles and i just got it any suggestions?
IF you "just got it" Get back to the dealer and have them look it over..Still under the 36k mile warranty.

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
There's a technical service bulletin that covers surging as you described it. The fix is to have the ECU reflashed. The car will no longer surge and the tranny shifts a lot better afterwards.

Read all about it here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197136&highlight=transmission+reflash

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
1,076 Posts
I was having that very same problem, disconcerting to say the least.
2 weeks ago when cleaning up battery terminals, noticed a fitting near the
air-cleaner assembly that looked like it should have a vac hose attached to it.
Looking around, lo & behold, I found a thin rubber hose that fit nicely on that
fitting. All the surging was suddenly GONE.
Before anything else, have a look under hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts